APC Forum

using a paint brush for mixing

oriansbelt

Whenever I'm mixing some comp that I want to be well mixed and it doesn't have any hard lumps that need a pestle I just use a paint brush. It works extremely we to get things mixed but I was wondering if it would be safe to use on sensitive comps instead of the diaper method? It wouldn't give any impacts but I wasn't sure about fiction or static, would it make a lot of static to have the bristle moving against each orther would there be none?

I can't really imagine there being feasable amounts of friction that could be dangerous. It depends how sensitive the compound is. NI3 will be set off by allmost anything. Allthough the bristles are rubbing, they are connected so no electric charge would build up.

I'm not 100% sure though, I'm sure someone else will have a more confident answer.

Whenever I'm mixing some comp that I want to be well mixed and it doesn't have any hard lumps that need a pestle I just use a paint brush. It works extremely we to get things mixed but I was wondering if it would be safe to use on sensitive comps instead of the diaper method? It wouldn't give any impacts but I wasn't sure about fiction or static, would it make a lot of static to have the bristle moving against each orther would there be none?

Using a *natural hair* paint brush is an old method of mixing sensitive comps. I doubt it works any better than diapering though ? As far as lumps, you can separately screen your chemicals before mixing.

Really, I've never heard of that. I think my brush is natural, atleast it isn't one of those cheap ones. It's much faster than diapering and I feel the comp gets more intimintly mixed so it works for me. Thanks all.