APC Forum

45-shot rocket battery

brimstoned

OK, flying fish fuse and corrugated.

Times are lean...2sad.gif

post-13400-0-54156700-1349660019_thumb.jpg

LOL! That's great if it worked. I love quick, easy novelty type displays. They make for a nice bed time fire fix for the pyro junkie in me. Sooooooo, did it work?

I'm lost, please explain.

I will let him explain more but it looks to me that he used corrigated card board to make tiny mortar tubes, loaded them with bits of flying fish fuse, and fused the bottom. If it works it should shoot each little fishy one after another.

"You'll put your eye out with that thing!"

Edited by Short5

Exactly Short...device is still sitting on the bench.

Imagine spiralling something like this to a hundred or more.

Will video and show if it works or not...heavy appliance cardboard may have a looser fit.

Waiting for damper times.

Edited by brimstoned

It looks like a bunch of time fuse, are you using burnt time fuse for mini tubes?

No, he's using the holes in the cardboard as launch tubes. Frigging awesome if it works... Rockets and flaming cardboard! LoL...

Oh.....that pic needs something to reference size, that fish fuse looks like 1/4" time fuse. That's why I was so confused. Used to seeing colored fuse, and that looked like that cheap tan time fuse that isn't worth a crap. Edited by psyco_1322

Well I tried a quickie verson with 7 fuses. I placed them a hole apart from each other rather than every hole. I sprinkled a dash of meal along the bottom and taped a piece of visco along the bottom. The fish stuck and the whole thing went sparkly poof before catching on fire. It was a fail the way i did it.

If this does not work, I'll try it again with a larger grade corrugated. The fit isn't tight in this one, but the trust is SO small!

• 3 weeks later...

My first try shot up two out of the lot, I'll try going with a smaller dia. fuse next time.

I got a email from Skylighter a couple days ago; I guess they got the idea to function.

From Skylighter's email:

Not to be outdone by Harry and his world's smallest flying fish fuse rocket, here's a a cool little mini-project of my own for you.

And yes, you can still get flying fish fuse for 27% off until midnite tonite at Skylighter.com.

So without any further ado let's make...

...The World's Smallest Fireworks Cake!

http://www.skylighter.com/images/misc/fireworks-cake.jpg

Step 1: Cut out two 3 inch x 1 inch pieces of corrugated cardboard.

Step 2: Hot glue one piece of cardboard on top of the other to form a "T" shape (see picture above). You now have a "mini-mortar" rack.

Step 3: Using an opened paperclip or piece of wire, poke a fuse hole from left to right all the way through the vertical piece of cardboard.

Step 4: Insert a piece of thin Chinese cross-match visco fuse into the hole you just made.

Step 5: Cut 20 or so small 1/2" pieces of flying fish fuse (don't use the crackling, it is too heavy).

Step 6: Drop a piece of the flying fish fuse into each of the "mini-mortar" tubes.

Step 7: Light it, and watch the fun begin.

When you light the visco fuse, the flame will travel down the hole you made with the wire. This will ignite each piece of flying fish fuse in succession...creating a tiny fireworks cake!