APC Forum

What to do... Fire danger too high for pyro!

usapyro

Seriously bored... Want to play with something pyro but with red flag fire danger there nothing that can be done. Have not built anything since the 4th of July.

Can anyone think of anything? Maybe I could make a paper cannon for indoors using cotton NC that shoots ping pong balls or something... Oh wait, already tried that last year... It was too weak and had a range of a few feet. Hmmm...

I had a rediculous idea of firing some shells up filled with colored water and a water insulated burst charge...

You see... This is what happens to pyro's when you get months without rain and and red flag fire danger... Your brain gets fuzzy and you start thinking up absolutely nutty ideas that are all wet...

I know the feeling...is there a beach nearby where you could shoot over water?

When you can't light fireworks, you make a stock pile to light later when you can. :)

I don't like storing stuff. Weather models are finally showing potential for a big rainstorm mid month! This area just set all time records... No rain for 100 days in large areas in the northwest!

Shall start making milling charcoal for BP now!!! Thank goodness I got tons stored... No way to make charcoal the way I do in this fire danger...

I feel your pain. There has been a fire ban here for a few months now. From what I read on the county website it will expire sometime in November. Hopefully they don't approve another one as I need to do some testing if I'm going to shoot anything on New Years.

Come on rain!

I SO want to see if this will fly!whistle.gif

post-13400-0-04405900-1349640105_thumb.jpg

Why don't you make a big batch of H3?

I don't use H3 anymore... My H3 is jinxed... Somehow it slowed way down and I don't understand why. I can't seem to make fast H3 anymore...

My BP is SUPER fast nowadays like ridiculous!!! And it burns cleanly too without really any sulfur smell. 2blink.gif

The fastest BP doesn't require the softest charcoal... It just requires a bit of love.

Mill your meal grey, then wet it just enough to granulate it through a screen. Dry it all out... Mill it again. Add binder and just enough moisture to granulate it through a screen again... Dry it... Viola! SUPER FAST BP!!! Willow charcoal recommended!

People complain about their granulated BP being weak and crumpling easy under weight... Mine is hard as rock with 3% SGRS or Dextrin. It's just got to be extremely well milled.

Not too fast, 1/16 visco, but I'll wager it can withstand a few seconds of precipitation!

The fastest BP doesn't require the softest charcoal... It just requires a bit of love.

Mill your meal grey, then wet it just enough to granulate it through a screen. Dry it all out... Mill it again. Add binder and just enough moisture to granulate it through a screen again... Dry it... Viola! SUPER FAST BP!!! Willow charcoal recommended!

People complain about their granulated BP being weak and crumpling easy under weight... Mine is hard as rock with 3% SGRS or Dextrin. It's just got to be extremely well milled.

do that with Paulownia and stand back!!!

re milled powder is very fast, ive made it , also find that charcoal star comps have better tails if the same method is used, however my balsa meal is faster than my willow lift so no real need, al that paulownia must have some grunt if its better than balsa, i couldnt believe the difference between balsa and willow.

Brimstoned, i would fuse that with qm to get them both lit together not that your way wont work i just cant waste that much visco on a single item.

Dan.

re milled powder is very fast, ive made it , also find that charcoal star comps have better tails if the same method is used, however my balsa meal is faster than my willow lift so no real need, al that paulownia must have some grunt if its better than balsa, i couldnt believe the difference between balsa and willow.

Brimstoned, i would fuse that with qm to get them both lit together not that your way wont work i just cant waste that much visco on a single item.

Dan.

Dan,

In side by side testing Paulownia appears to produce more gasses, and has beat Balsa everytime.

I'm lucky that I have access to it, what I like the most is that I can use a little more binder and make rock hard grains and still have very hot powder.

I like my charcoal comps that have been re milled, but most people wouldn't notice the difference