APC Forum

my first 4 inch shell

superspike23

Nice work, but I think you need more layers of paper pasted, you can get a lot bigger break from a 4" shell if you paste it right, that break is more comparable to a 3" shell.

You've got nice lift and break, and your stars look good, its just a shame about your star symmetry. If you roll your stars or at least pump or cut them into even sizes (yours were long and skinny pumped ones) and properly fill the hemispheres evenly you would have a great shell. When it burst, there were big gaps where there weren't any stars. But for a first 4", great job.

I agree it came out nice for a first 4" my only concern is holding a loaded mortar tube right next to your face that is the kind of thing that turns into a tragedy for no explained reason. Please don't do that anymore I would hate to read of an accident involving anyone especially someone from the forum here.

thats not what were all about here, well some but bragging will get you no where especially when you used pvc 4 inch for a 5 inch shell? I dont know how, not the right message on a public forum.

Dan.

I wasnt going to but someone else will tell you its all about the art, keep the salutes to yourself youll gain no respect and may endanger others if they think he did it and hes alive using a pound of f and pvc pipe.

Edited by dan999ification

Fired my first 5" inch Monster salute tonight, Wow is all i can say..

My salute shell was a plastic 5 inch ball with a whopping 450g Flash 70/30

I was a bit worried firing the sucker out of the 4 inch pvc pipe i had but it worked out

fine, My salute fired great, strong thump, nice hight then right as it reached it's peak

it kinda stalled then BOOOOM SON OF A BITCH SET CAR ALARMS OFF BLOCKS

AWAY...LOL Good times..good times

If you don't mind, I am going to copy your post and ask the monitors to post it in the area where they instruct people what NOT to post here on a public forum...

Here's your sign...

-dag

Might I suggest you not speak for everyone here either. Since I own and run this place I can confirm that making salutes and acting like a royal douche bag (your apparent favorite activity) are not what we are about here.

If you want to showoff, might I suggest going to youtube. I'm sure all the 13 year olds will be very impressed with your marginal skills, unwarranted arrogance, and shitty attitude. Seriously, grow up and act like an adult.

• Like 2

in fact i'm confident enough to bet 100 bucks that i can build a much better shell then you can, care to let the others be the judge? you pick the size, film construction/ firing and will let the others judge the better shell. You up for it?

I highly doubt that, from what you have posted it seems all you care about is making salutes. I'd be GLAD to take you up on that offer though, lets see some of your shells. Also, I find it very rude of you too hijack superspikes topic.

EDIT: By the way superspike, nice job on your first 4" shell, I look forward to seeing you progress.

Edited by Xtreme Pyro

Sad that i even have to defend myself, pisses me off when someone has the nerve to flame me just because salutes aren't on the top of there list, move on to the next post...get what i'm saying...why was it cool for dagabu to step in and call me a moron

and what not cuz his views on salutes may not be the same as mine?

No body is flaming you, he called you a moron for using a PVC pipe for shooting a shell out of, and shooting a shell so close to houses. If you set car alarms off, you're too close, it's odvious you shot it in a residential area knowing that you live in Orange County...

Congrats on your first 4" shell superspike. Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth:

1) The way the stars look in the shell is pretty much the way they will look in the sky so you will want to place them in the shell in a uniform way. You may want to try round stars for round shells. If the stars are cylindrical, I believe the height (spelled wrong, I know) should be the same as the diameter and most pyros (as far as I know) place them in the shell standing on one end.

2) I don't know if you had the gun partially buried or otherwise stabilized, if not you should. Normally, we don't load the gun until after it is in place.

3) I'm not sure how you determined the layers needed for pasting. I usually make the shell fit the gun with enough clearance to slide in without force. This will strengthen your break.

I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

Mumbles eat shit and die, it's obvious by your avatar "Above You" probably think your shit don't stink and your better

then everyone else because your the admin/ owner of this site..Thats great...Can i shake your hand?

marginal skills, unwarranted arrogance, and shitty attitude?? Fuck you too...ban me mother fucker like i

give a fuck...bunch of bitches/ kids on this lame site anyway...

I hope everybody gets the chance to read Scott Prices' postings and see what we work day and night to battle as a pyro community. Why do I care? A simple google search will show this thread to the world and we really don't need that kind of exposure.

Making pretty shells, multibreaks and insert shells, cones, candles and mines, all of these are part of this art we love so much.

Show me any art at all in this posting:

"Fired my first 5" inch Monster salute tonight, Wow is all i can say..

My salute shell was a plastic 5 inch ball with a whopping 450g Flash 70/30

I was a bit worried firing the sucker out of the 4 inch pvc pipe i had but it worked out

fine, My salute fired great, strong thump, nice hight then right as it reached it's peak

it kinda stalled then BOOOOM SON OF A BITCH SET CAR ALARMS OFF BLOCKS

AWAY...LOL Good times..good times"

I stand my ground and stand with Mum in working to keep the gratuitous b00m3rz away from this site.

-dag

Edited by dagabu

Wow, you really ARE a moron. Coming into a community and not even thinking about respecting what the long time members have to say or think. Many of us, as previously stated to you, do enjoy a nice salute. But bragging on ONLY being able to do that ONE thing is really showing what a simple minded, narrow idiot you are. Grow up and learn the actual arts of what this community is actually about, THEN you can have an opinion of those that have been doing this far longer and more in depth than you probably ever will.

QUIT TRYING TO PLAY ADMIN HERE AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS...

Safety is everyones business.

And not to take away from your topic, Spike, that was a pretty nice shell! Thanks for sharing.

With that kind of mentality, you`re likely headed for being blown up or locked up.. neither one good.

Stay safe, *don`t drop the soap *as the case may be ;)

whatever bro

go ahead ladies bash away

Interestingly enough, I find people like you to be fascinating, you are filled with vitriol and hate, cant take a step back and see the reality and have in all likelihood, been banned elsewhere. It's true though, it was only your first post, kind of like the first word in a theater being "FIRE!" or the first word being the "N" word at a NAACP meeting, the alarm you caused and still defend was out of place.

Relax, take a breath, calm down and try just a little to understand the import of your statements. Honestly, I think you can do that but it will take a bit of humility to do so and your ego may suffer as well.

Yes, I do try to moderate, I have a bad habit of that, good call, I will back off but please try another perspective for a moment.

-dag

Edited by dagabu

Give him a break for a little while guys. He's clearly quite worked up. Let him prove himself and show off what he can really do.

Interestingly enough, I find people like you to be fascinating, you are filled with vitriol and hate, cant take a step back and see the reality and have in all likelihood, been banned elsewhere. It's true though, it was only your first post, kind of like the first word in a theater being "FIRE!" or the first word being the "N" word at a NAACP meeting, the alarm you caused and still defend was out of place.

Relax, take a breath, calm down and try just a little to understand the import of your statements. Honestly, I think you can do that but it will take a bit of humility to do so and your ego may suffer as well.

Yes, I do try to moderate, I have a bad habit of that, good call, I will back off but please try another perspective for a moment.

-dag

Dag has taken the high road. Mumbles has too and scott562 has not been banned. This says a lot about the tolerance that actually exists here. scott562, this forum is a great resource, I encourage you to learn the etiquette. Once the folks here know and trust you as a responsible pyro, they will gladly discuss any type of shell/device with you. You started out on the wrong foot is all and you went into defence mode. Not to speak for everyone but I think most of us would rather see you stick around and learn with the rest of us than see you get pissed off and leave. I LOVE SALUTES! .....but I'll use a gremlins movie analogy "Mogwai comes with great responsibilty". You can't start a thread like that as a new guy here without raising some eyebrows, it's a sensitive subject, but for good reason, I hope you can understand.

I love salutes too, but they're not really that difficult to make, and that guy has a really bad attitude, but I, too, think he should get another chance. Maybe he has a bad day or something.