APC Forum

Videos of Japaneses making fireworks!

Pirotecnia

If someday i build a factory, i'll use their technique! hehehe!

...more 2 videos:

its always good to see the japnese technique of making fireworks..;-)

I love their method of rolling stars in the two bowls. I might have to try that instead of making a star roller

I love the way they almost make everything by hand! A star roller in video 1 and 2 was the only power tool they use... i never saw the 2-bowl method in video 3 btw, maybe worth a try some day. Did you see they all work with the toro method by some extend? Interesting. The Japanese still use the method described in Shimizu's book on how to fill a shell (end with a small hole) I thought that wasn't the easiest way, there must be a reason why they do instead of filling two hemi's and snap them together. Great videos pyrotecnia! Thanks for passing them on to us.

I am curious how does the Chinese make fireworks? is it anything like Japanese?

Honestly it may be really difficult for anyone to start a firework factory, as sometimes firework manufacturers will make sure that no licenses are granted to any individual who aren't an employee of those manufacturers in order to maintain a virtual monopoly over the trade, at least that's what one guy from Ohio said (Ohio would not allow any ATF licenses to be granted to anyone within the state).

I don't know how things are in say Japan or China but I do notice a virtual Oligopoly in the fireworks industry, meaning it may be difficult for any individual to get the licenses required to start a firework company...

Edited by taiwanluthiers

Any time you feel like it, please change or remove your avatar. No animation is clearly stated in the rules.

Typically the chinese make fireworks as cheaply as possible. There are firms that do make excellent shells and devices, but unfortunately not everyone takes the care that they do. The few I'm thinking of I believe are actually either owned or primarily trained by the Japanese.

Not that your post really has anything at all to do with the topic at hand, I'm glad to see you'll regurgitate anything you see on Passfire, instead of actually looking into it. Learning is more than just spitting out something you read once.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Beautiful and simply amazing.