APC Forum

Looking for good "scoops" for compounds

viziers

Are you wanting increment scoops to have the same volume each time? Or just something to to help weight chems? Those certainly look like they would work to keep increments the same when loading rockets and gerbs. Others use reloading scoops or make their own from brass end caps and rods. Kitchen measuring spoons also work. For times that don't require a consistent volume, I just use plastic picnic spoons.

I just use a long handled teaspoon, works to get at those really deep bottles...

This is what me and my brother use they work well for consistency.

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/images/tech_photos/APix-22-Lee-Powder-Dippers.jpg

Are you wanting increment scoops to have the same volume each time? Or just something to to help weight chems? Those certainly look like they would work to keep increments the same when loading rockets and gerbs. Others use reloading scoops or make their own from brass end caps and rods. Kitchen measuring spoons also work. For times that don't require a consistent volume, I just use plastic picnic spoons.

I need them mostly just for scooping from the bag that is inside the plastic bucket it came in. Been looking at the Stainless Steel kitchen measuring scoops for when I need small amounts of chems...

vizi

This is what me and my brother use they work well for consistency.

http://www.beartoothbullets.com/images/tech_photos/APix-22-Lee-Powder-Dippers.jpg

I'm assuming you reuse them or are they disposable??? Is just washing the the plastics ones with soap and water ok to keep cross contaminations at bay (my biggest fear)???

vizi

We use them over and over. Im not positive but I'm sure a good hot soapy wash would clean them good enough. Also there fairly cheap about 17$ a set we got ours on ebay for about 15$.

Go to Sam's club and pick up a box of 800 spoons for 10 bucks. I also use the scoops from miracle grow for consistant volume.

• 2 months later...

Here's my favorite way to make cheap disposable scoops for weighing small amounts of chems or loading tubes/detonators:

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/MetalNekomata/scoop_zps7077978e.pngThe best part about these, is that you can use adjust the size by using different sized pencils/pens/glue sticks/dowels or anything else kicking around the house.

Edited by MetalNeko

Every scoop I have tried has caked when dipping whistle fuel so I went to aluminum spoons by Thunder Group. They can be struck off so you get the exact measurement every time and do not cake even with sticky comps.

-dag