APC Forum

Free aluminum, round 2

TheSidewinder

OK folks, a round of applause for Star Molecule, who has offered to do another give-away of Aluminum, via APC Forum!

Same as before, we want 10-20 volunteers.

You'll receive a pound of Al, and the only "cost" involved, is your commitment to actually use it and post your honest feedback about how it performed for you.

I'll let Star post the specifics of what they're giving away on this round. But I believe it's the same type as last time, which was very well received by those who tried it. So..... read up on the last test, seen here:

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/4967-free-money-ok-free-aluminum-same-thing/

(And FYI, they may be getting a new type of Bright Aluminum as well, for which they will do the same thing. From the description I got, it's the type that will make you look like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz, if you spill any on yourself. But I'll let Star post specifics, if it happens.)

Anyone wanting to volunteer, send me a PM. The same conditions apply for this round as for the last, which I'll quote here:

Those who volunteer will need to provide their full name and shipping address, so the people we choose will need to be serious and "legal" hobbyists. We aren't requiring that you have a ATFE permit, but we will be picking from those who volunteer, only those who we feel are serious pyrotechnicians with the maturity and reliability to live up to their end of the agreement, and who have the means to produce more than a simple "flash test".

If the Bright Al deal comes to fruition, it sounds like the type used for flitter/glitter or used to produce "slow flash" as a booster for breaks, etc. Mumbles may have some better idea of the uses for Bright, as I've never actually used any. (I've got a pound or two of it somewhere, I just... never got the chance to use it.)

And the same conditions would apply; Use it, and let us know how it works for you.

Anyway, Star will post specifics at some point, but those who want to get in line now...... send me that PM!!

Thanks!

APC Forum Staff

I would ask that if you plan on submitting your name for inclusion that you post in this thread as well so I can see the interest. Thank you.

I submitted my name for inclusion, sent a PM to thesidewinder. I am excited to try out the product if I am chosen!

I too have been interested in this product. I remember the first round and always said i wanted to try it.I will be submitting my name to sidewinder. -LBK-

What a good way to get feedback. Thanks for picking APC! I will PM my information to Sidewinder.

It is a very good product that exceeds in loudness the other types of dark Al I've tried. I won't volunteer because I already have some, but I'll put my hand up for the bright when that becomes available.

I'm interested too. I have used your current Al before and found it to be really nice stuff.

The flitter glitter type would really rock IMO as I am really fond of glitter and firefly type stars.

Edited by warthog

Wouldn't you know, I just purchased a pound of this on my own for testing just last week.... oh well.

As others have mentioned, however, if you do get some aluminum in that will work for glitters, I'd definitely be interested in testing it out.

Our apology Mondo, we just like to give back to the community from time to time.

I would like to give it a try and comparison. I just sent a PM to Star a couple days ago because I read there might be a round 2, so this is good timing. I will send a PM to Sidewinder as well. Thanks!

Depending on the mesh and coarseness of I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I am looking for another metallic fuel for the Parlon stars I have been making. If you think it may fit the bill I would be willing to give it a shot.

It is a very good product that exceeds in loudness the other types of dark Al I've tried. I won't volunteer because I already have some, but I'll put my hand up for the bright when that becomes available.

That's a good trick posting at 8:30 pm last night... ;)

-dag

I purchased 6 pounds several months ago, and it has worked very well in all of the projects

that I have used it for. Very good quality product :)

That's a good trick posting at 8:30 pm last night... ;)

(Explanatory note: Dag believes he was having dinner with me at 8:30pm last night. And so he was; but that was Peret time. It was 10:30 Dagabu time. The forum always shows the time posts were made in whatever time zone you set when you registered.)

Edited by Peret

Dag, you were that close to me and you didn't stop and say hi? 2ohmy.gif

Dag, you were that close to me and you didn't stop and say hi? 2ohmy.gif

Cali is close to Vegas? Sorry Cali, only had four days to explore and sad to say, did not get to spend nearly as much time talking shop with Peret as I wanted too.

-dag

Im looking to improve the breaks on my shells, so i am also interested in this product...

Thanks

Edited by vegasdude

Cali is close to Vegas? Sorry Cali, only had four days to explore and sad to say, did not get to spend nearly as much time talking shop with Peret as I wanted too.

-dag

well, 5 hours, or 1 hour on a plane ;) was the trip just to see peter?

well, 5 hours, or 1 hour on a plane ;) was the trip just to see peter?

Sad to say but no, I went with the wife ahead of her convention to see what sin city was all about. I saw a lot of city but not a lot of sin. I am too cheap to gamble too cheap to pay $300.00 for front row seats to a show. Lots of window shopping and taking pictures, beautiful architecture in the Venetian and Bellagio.

med_gallery_9798_102_27305.jpg

Psssst! That is the ceiling, the clouds were painted.

-dag

Don't worry, we'll get him back here again some time and organize a proper party. The only problem is he won't be able to fly in with any pyro, but he can probably advise one of us who shall not be named how to press rockets so they don't turn out to be powerful flash crackers. :whistle:

haha thanks :P i'm just like all those Polish guys!

Our apology Mondo, we just like to give back to the community from time to time.

No need to apologize. It was more of a lament about my bad timing rather than a comment on your company. I've heard nothing but good things about Star Molecule. And either way, I've got some good product to play with!