APC Forum

Maximum size for stuff to be ejected through a fountains nozzle

dangerousamateur

Hi,

I've got some waste stuff to put in fountains here.

How big can stuff in your experience be to pass safely through a drilled nozzle without the help of any convergent shaping?

I like big stuff. 5mm stars, 8mm nozzle - what will happen?

Edited by dangerousamateur

you mean that your going to put stars in a fountain

I've never heard of this before but it sound so cool I`ll have to try it

bob

Don`t commercial fountains have tiny little stars in the fuel grain? If I were putting stars in a gerb I would use stars much smaller than nozzle size.

Hi,

I've got some waste stuff to put in fountains here.

How big can stuff in your experience be to pass safely through a drilled nozzle without the help of any convergent shaping?

I like big stuff. 5mm stars, 8mm nozzle - what will happen?

I use 3mm dragon eggs with a 6mm nozzle, the reason is that I always pop my gerbs when I use less then a x2 nozzle diameter. There has to be some scientific reason but I dont know what it is...

-dag

A rounded rammer is easy enough to make and that is all you need for convergent shaping behind the nozzle. As for those who seem skeptical about micro star gerbs, they are done all the time. Of course I am probably misunderstanding something and will likely be lambasted for my last statement rather than simply corrected. I apologize in advance for that.

I would say that you can put rather large items into a gerb's fuel grain since they tend to be consumed rapidly while still within the tube in my meager experience. The first ones up high the the grain may need to be a bit smaller but once the gerb gets burning good small stars are often consumed well before you get a chance to see them. Not sure how much help that is to anyone so I again apologize for replying at all.