APC Forum

m-80 issues

mrprivate415

hey im new here so hopefully this isnt breaking rules.

i have been trying to make homemade m80's but the plugs keep popping out, ive used paper and plastic, but there is no explosion, just high speed plugs. im using hot glue as an adhesive.

would it be better to use wood glue?

or should i rough up the surface?

please help

M-80's are illegal, period. We don't help in this regard ever. They were outlawed in the 1960's and are NOT fireworks.

-dag

first of all, they are not illegal where i live.

second of all, regardless of laws, its a firework.

so unless your out to help me, dont comment

Sweet... Second post about an illegal device, third one is sassy. You will do fine here Mr. P.

Apparently you like Wikipedia but you made the fatal mistake of using it as fact. M-80 are a military signaling device, they are NOT fireworks, they are a device and subject to prohibition in place since 1966 and is no longer classified as a firework by the ATFE. Please read the Orange Book for the law and "truth" about such devices. If one were to step off an Indian Reservation with one, they will be held held to the full extent of the laws governing explosives.

Now taking bets on how long till Mr. P gets banned.

-dag

Edited by dagabu

There is a forum based in your country (according to IP address). Perhaps try asking there. Private message me if you are not aware of this place and need the address. I've read very conflicting statements of their legality. Most of the statements by the more intelligent folks seem to indicate they are not legal, though it may vary region to region.

I will try to explain this concisely. M-80's and other related devices give real pyrotechnics a bad name. It is about far more than loud noises and blowing things up. Most members here are very aware of this dark cloud those devices cast upon us. Thus they will be hesitant in general to discuss them. Much more so with someone who gives the impression of very little experience or respect for the craft. They're such simple things, it's generally one of those devices where if you have to ask, you're no where near qualified or ready to be making them.

That image loaded really slow!

sorry, I tried to compress the file but it didn't work.

@dag... my bet's on a day or shorter, depending on when mumbles' sense of humor runs out.

@ mr. P, unless you live in a Poland, I highly doubt these are legal

There is a forum based in your country (according to IP address). Perhaps try asking there. Private message me if you are not aware of this place and need the address. I've read very conflicting statements of their legality. Most of the statements by the more intelligent folks seem to indicate they are not legal, though it may vary region to region.

I will try to explain this concisely. M-80's and other related devices give real pyrotechnics a bad name. It is about far more than loud noises and blowing things up. Most members here are very aware of this dark cloud those devices cast upon us. Thus they will be hesitant in general to discuss them. Much more so with someone who gives the impression of very little experience or respect for the craft. They're such simple things, it's generally one of those devices where if you have to ask, you're no where near qualified or ready to be making them.

That and the fact that this is a publicly searchable forum and this thread is fully searchable by LEOs anywhere.

-dag

fuck it nevermind, and yes, i understand what pyrotechnics is about, but none of you could acheive giving me any answers.

also dag. m80s havnt been used by the military for years, even if they were, your argument is not valid. they also use smoke bombs.

also, i dont care what its classed as. the difference from a m80 and the salutes talked about on this forum is that its a ground salute. and aerial shell is the same mechanism, but surrounded by decorations such as stars. so yes, it is a firework.

plus i could be using the legal 50 miligrams, i havnt brought it up though. so therefor its not illegal

ps- i dont care if im banned, i joined for one reason, to know the answer. and since you wont reply, ive asked others.

thanks for nothing

fuck it nevermind, and yes, i understand what pyrotechnics is about, but none of you could acheive giving me any answers.

also dag. m80s havnt been used by the military for years, even if they were, your argument is not valid. they also use smoke bombs.

also, i dont care what its classed as. the difference from a m80 and the salutes talked about on this forum is that its a ground salute. and aerial shell is the same mechanism, but surrounded by decorations such as stars. so yes, it is a firework.

plus i could be using the legal 50 miligrams, i havnt brought it up though. so therefor its not illegal

ps- i dont care if im banned, i joined for one reason, to know the answer. and since you wont reply, ive asked others.

thanks for nothing

No matter what "information" you have found out it does not change the fact that you are too stupid to even figure out how to glue an end cap on a shell. It also does not change the fact you lack the maturity to carry on an adult conversation or be able to see how foolish you look to every pyro on this page. This clearly is NOT a hobby for immature little kids like your self. Now go blow your hands off and when the other inmates are laughing and calling you Stumpy you can explain to them it's not illegal to manufacture explosives where you live. Good luck in life, you are going to need it.

thanks for nothing

I have one MARINE and two ARMY sons right now and indeed, they do still use "M-80's" for simulations. The specifications have changed for them and are now set into pots and fired by pull cord or electronically but are still made with 3g of flash in a cardboard tube and are still referred to as M-80s by the EOD team that places them before the games begin. The Millspec numbers are M116A1 for hand grenades and M115A2 for artillery. Neither are thrown.

The difference between a salute in fireworks and a ground salute is the placement of the device. In pyrotechnics, the ground salute will not be placed closer then 1 meter to the ground or frame and will be hung by a string only thick enough to safely hang the salute from the frame. If a salute is placed on the ground, it is no longer a firework but a destructive device.

Second post is about M80s, third is snappy, fourth is a put down and mostly nonsense. Why not just enter into simple discourse instead of going off half cocked? I pray that you don't get them to pop, I am afraid that the next video of "captain hook" will be of you...

-dag

thanks for nothing

Ignorant.

Mr P I am willing to help you learn something very important about salutes. Please watch the video at this link. There is very important information in this video.

Important Salute Info

Edited by ZeusThunderbolt

well, in All fairness that video was high explosives of the type we don't use and aren't licensed for anyway. Therefore while the idea is valid, the video is not.

Otherwise I am in agreement with this not being a good lace to discuss such things. It is even in the rules which can be found in the FAQ which I guess I am among the very few who has read it BEFORE posting here as I do on each new forum I join. It is just good manners to try and abide by the rules and has nothing to do with avoiding a ban in my case.

another thing I do when joining a new forum is at least put my COUNTRY in my location field so that folks know where I am so they can give a guess as to what I should and should not be doing. Just a thought.

Edited by warthog

yeah go ahead an ignore my point saying your m-80 in army argument is invalid.

and no its not that im too stupid to glue in a plug. its that im using a kno3 al s flash powder which dosnt burn fast enough. therefore being more of a propellant.

so i got my info. and that video probably had another side to it. the fuse was probably to short etc, and last of all, im not gonna lose my hand because i use an electric ignitor.

so thankyou warthog for not being a jerk about most of this.

and fuck you dag, your a bullshitter, dont assume something and attempt to pass it off as a fact. you unbelievable whore

you unbelievable whore

Well this part is just plain false. I happen to know that Dag has never accepted money for doing it in his life. Now if you had used slut as a descriptor...

Hahaha charlie. That is too good.

Mr. Private the reason we don't help people with m-80's is mainly because we don't want you or anybody else to get hurt. Just don't mess with them yet. Once you get expierence with some more simple devices then you might try making one or two. They are not something to be taken lightly.

actually, i have an answer now. its very clear.

if i offended you earlier its because i dont like my time wasted.

no i will delete my account because i have an answer, and for the comment before this, i have practiced with smaller salutes such as polumnas, firecrackers, rockets, cherry bombs etc, but since i see this is not a form for all pyrotechnics, i think my time is done using this site.

-mrprivate

• Like 1

i have practiced with smaller salutes such as polumnas, firecrackers, rockets, cherry bombs etc, but since i see this is not a form for all pyrotechnics, i think my time is done using this site.

-mrprivate

That is not exactly what I had in mind.

Edited by busspuppy

Why is it invalid? Because the name has changed?

and no its not that im too stupid to glue in a plug. its that im using a kno3 al s flash powder which dosnt burn fast enough. therefore being more of a propellant.

so i got my info. and that video probably had another side to it. the fuse was probably to short etc, and last of all, im not gonna lose my hand because i use an electric ignitor.

and fuck you dag, your a bullshitter, dont assume something and attempt to pass it off as a fact. you unbelievable whore

Oh, that is certainly correct, I do like to BS some, comes with being in the NAVY but I can assure you that my accounting of my boys is 100% true and provable. Mumbles met my oldest two years ago around a camp fire. Good times...

I assumed that you were speaking about M-80s, in the US, they are what they are and the Orange Book has an entire paragraph about them as do the CSPC. They both spell out that they are not considered fireworks, so what am I missing?

As one eyed charlie said, I have never accepted money for that, I am just not pretty enough. I could only hope that I could excel to the level of an unbelievable whore. Imagine all the fireworks stuff that would buy ;)

It is interesting though, we lost a protagonist over at PF and gained one here... coincidence?

actually, i have an answer now. its very clear.

if i offended you earlier its because i dont like my time wasted.

no i will delete my account because i have an answer, and for the comment before this, i have practiced with smaller salutes such as polumnas, firecrackers, rockets, cherry bombs etc, but since i see this is not a form for all pyrotechnics, i think my time is done using this site.

-mrprivate

Good riddance, one less idiot we have to deal with.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck shit shit shit shit

See? I can cuss too! Look how mature and intelligent it makes me look! Certainly now everyone will take me seriously, right? Right??