APC Forum

My Mom

warthog

My Mom is in the hospital. She woke up this morning with shortness of breath and chest pains. My Dad took her to the ER where they have her now. She is stable and breathing fine and he seems to be OK now. Just waiting for the test results to tell if it was a heart attack or agita*. I hope it's nothing but if it turns out to be a heart attack I will head over there to be with her.

You prayers for my Mother are much appreciated.

*Agita" is Italian for heartburn. (it can also mean a feeling of anxiety or being up-tight), taken from the actual Italian for heartburn, "acido" which should have an obvious association with that ailment.

Thanks gents, apparently she did have a small heart attack. She has had a number of small ones like this before but not since she got her pacemaker implanted a few years ago so this came a sort of a surprise. She is fine though she has to stay in the hospital overnight. There are still a few tests they want to run to make sure everything is copacetic.

I will update this when I know more, thank you for your prayers folks. :)

Glad to hear everything is ok. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Well, I talked to her to night and she sounded great. Going home tomorrow as soon as they will release her,

Thanks again for all the prayers!

Gary

Last update...

Mom is home and doing great. She sounds great on the phone as well.. She and Dad are even going out for dinner tonight so she must be feeling good and Dad must think she is OK as well. Doctors want her to follow up with her usual cardiologist of course once she is back in FL and they are still going to leave as planned on Saturday to go back there. Looks like the prayers worked and I thank you all for them.

wink2.gif 2smile.gif

Edited by warthog

Good to hear she is recovering well. I am sure that was quite a scare, good thing it was caught quickly. Hopefully she will continue on a good path and have a safe trip to FL.