APC Forum

9/16" Comet Pumps

dagabu

I was working on a comet pump for a friend this morning (took a break from taxes) but couldn't find any 1/2" pipe on the rack but I had a foot of 9/16" so I made three VERY BASIC pumps for you all.

That's right, they are for YOU! I am giving them all away to you all for free, I pay shipping and everything, all I want in return is a two paragraph story about the FUNNIEST firework incident you had. No bloody hands or blown-out ear drums here, just laughter and maybe a good scare.

Make sure to PM the stories to me and include your address for mailing the pump to you, they will not be shared with anyone. There will be a panel of four judges reading the stories and all decisions are final. Good luck!

med_gallery_9798_102_2906.jpg

The small print: I will be using these stories so they have to be sent with the understanding that they will be made public and you will not get paid for them. Don't use your real name, make up a good story, whatever you need to do to "defend" yourself but once you send it to me, it's mine to do with as I please, period. I will not be sending these outside of the US unless you pay additional postage and a handling fee for the outrageous paperwork the DHS makes us do now days.

-dag

Edited by dagabu

every one can send a story? not only people from US?

Please, send your best story to me, if you are outside the US, you have to pay any additional postage beyond basic first class postage to California.

-dag

My taxes are mailed. HOORAY! :)

Nice looking pumps Dag, you do good work!

My taxes are mailed. HOORAY! :)

Nice looking pumps Dag, you do good work!

Thanks Wart, had to make something or kick something, taxes suck...

-dag

That's nice of you and a good incentive. I hope you get a good collection and make something of them. I will try to think of something. So many are only funny if you were there if you know what I mean. Like the shocked look on my wifes face as a shell broke low throwing stars at us. She spontaniously yells at the top of her lungs "incoming!!!!" Lol.

• 10 months later...

What? Not even a year running. I find that... unlikely, and if true, unfair to those not used to putting their thoughts on paper.

I demand a extension of the running time, so that everyone who wants, can send in a competing article.

Also, in the spirit of "everyone is a winner" i demand that everyone gets a price. The same price. No firsts, or last place prices.

Oh, and since i'm demanding a lot, i also demand that stories that aren't funny-scary, are allowed, mainly coz i don't have any funny-scary to share.

B!

I sincerely hope that was sarcasm...

On another note, I have a spare 1/2" star pump (I kind of messed up the depth hole) so if anyone wants to send me a story, I'll send the pump to the person with the most entertaining one :)

I sincerely hope that was sarcasm...
What? Really, it needs a yellow face to tell ya i was kidd'n? I tried to be so over the top it was self-explanatory, but perhaps i failed?

B!

heh, sorry... you'd be surprised what some people ask in seriousness on these forums

Nothing to be sorry about, but i'm glad you questioned it rather then getting upset.

Back on topic now then. We, the annon association of illegal fireworkings demand free tools for everyone!

(Perhaps i should start a new thread?)

B!

EVERYONE??

that's a lot of tools :(

perhaps a new thread would be a good idea

Edited by californiapyro

Your right. Free tools for everyone would be a huge order. I'm so happy i'm just making demands, and not obligated with funding it all. Anyway, as it's pretty unlikely that anyone will start mass-producing high quality tools for free giveaways on that scale, i think i'm just going to crawl back in under my rock again.

To bring things back on topic:

On another note, I have a spare 1/2" star pump (I kind of messed up the depth hole) so if anyone wants to send me a story, I'll send the pump to the person with the most entertaining one :)
Commendable. My "only story" is the one where a cop (bomb tech really) blasts his protective gear, 2 cars, and a couple of square meters of paving tiles to junk using my powder, (TATP, don't go there, it's not really suitable for pyro. It was a long time ago, i was young, and immortal.) showed up on my day in court, and testified in a way that made me free to go home with a "shame on you, promise not to do that again." Not sure that storry is a good one to use in promoting firework hobbies.

Anyways. Everyone with a funny story, and need for a half inch star pump, Send it to him.

Good luck everyone!

B!

Edited by MrB

If there isn't a "Murphys Law" list for pytotechnics, there should be.

Like, why does an errant rocket always head towards it's creator? There could be 50 people standing around but noooooooo, it's always the guy who built it. Is this the "come to papa" rule or the Frankenstein syndrome?

If there isn't a "Murphys Law" list for pytotechnics, there should be.

Like, why does an errant rocket always head towards it's creator? There could be 50 people standing around but noooooooo, it's always the guy who built it. Is this the "come to papa" rule or the Frankenstein syndrome?

yep, and Girandola's are known as "crowd seekers"