APC Forum

American Pyro Supply SULFUR

MediumRare

Would like to ask if anyone has bought quality high mesh sulfur from anywhere.

Ideally, I need 325 mesh.

Americanpyrosupply.com has rubbermaker's sulfur. They do not mention the mesh, and some people on here mentioned that their sulfur had an odor.

http://www.americanpyrosupply.com/PYROTECHNIC_CHEMICALS-RUBBERMAKER_S_SULFUR.html

Another place is Phil's general store ( http://www.ihaveadotcom.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_119&products_id=274) and has 325 mesh high quality sultur, but I also need to buy aluminum and it ends up being more expensive and more hassle than buying from americanpyrosupply. Phil asks for driver license scan, and I don't feel like doing all that for buying 1lb of aluminum. It's a stupid policy. If i buy sulfur from there and aluminum from american pyro supply, then it ends up costing way more due to parcel shipping.

So just wondering if anyone knows the mesh on sulfur at American Pyro Supply?

Dont waste your time with those two places. I like Phil and all but sulfur costs about $.36 a pound when bought in bulk. DUDA DIESEL has sulfur too abd yes, #1 is more but a #50 pail will only cost you $65.00. It is rubber makers sulfur and is the best I have seen yet.

It has NO smell in the package.

-dag

Ive bought from Phil before. He is a good fellow and a reputable.

As Dag says , it is more expensive. He's only protecting his hide by the Id request. I believe that it is more to make sure that some child isnt ordering stuff to make flash etc. Secondly he doesnt hassle you about quantity limits like other major suppliers do.

This may be a good option if you only need a few lbs and no more. If your building hundreds of shells or large rockets then go for the bulk.

Thank you all for the input. I do like that hobby chemical place, for sure. It looks to be goon fine mesh above 200 from their pictures.

I do already have a bag of elemental sulfur, but it looks to be 100 mesh or coarser. I'll first try to see if I can get that down to something finer with a mortar and a pestle. I really need just few grams for my thermite experiments.

Edited by MediumRare