APC Forum

Joined the Marine Corps

xBangergoosEx

Well, as of the 19th i am officially enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserves. Im going active duty, but since i am still in high school i am listed under the Reserves. My plan was originally to go to boot camp over the summer, but now my official shipment date is October 17th. Which means i will be able to attend Do-It, which is a function for the pyro club i am in (WPA). I am very excited for both.

Just thought i would share that with you good people, who i have gotten to know very well over time.

Edited by xBangergoosEx

Very good - congratulations! Look forward to seeing you at Do It, where you must be very careful not to blow your fingers off and end it before it starts :glare:

Oh wow, your a pyrotechnician and a Marine?

Your fingers don't stand a chance. :D

In all seriousness though, congratulations.

i dont know but ive been told.....eskimo pussy is mighty cold.

seriously congrats, plenty of hard work ahead.

dan.

my son was headed for nothing but a troubled life,I suggested the Corps.,hes done a 360 successful beyond his wildest dreams married a great girl.He said dad thanks and I said thank the Corps not me.

Well, as of the 19th i am officially enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserves. Im going active duty, but since i am still in high school i am listed under the Reserves. My plan was originally to go to boot camp over the summer, but now my official shipment date is October 17th. Which means i will be able to attend Do-It, which is a function for the pyro club i am in (WPA). I am very excited for both.

Just thought i would share that with you good people, who i have gotten to know very well over time.

Oorah! I hope you get to go to San Diego for basic and not Paris Island. My second youngest son is finishing his third year attached to an F18 squadron in South Carolina.

Thank you for your Honor, your bravery and your willingness to serve us here at home. May God watch over you...

I'm in Idaho...where is Do-It?

Hawthorne, Nevada - less than a day's drive for you. The weather will be fantastic and the hotel rooms are cheap. Go to the WPA Web site for details - I'm afraid there are few at present. If you want to join the WPA there are many here who could sponsor you.

Oorah! I hope you get to go to San Diego for basic and not Paris Island. My second youngest son is finishing his third year attached to an F18 squadron in South Carolina.

Im going to MCRD San Diego

Thank you for your Honor, your bravery and your willingness to serve us here at home. May God watch over you...

thank you. I am also in Idaho. What city are you in?

Im going to MCRD San Diego

Beautiful base. Tell the folks that when they come to graduation to have tennis shoes on since they will be walking a lot, bring an umbrella for the sun and "DON'T WALK ON MY GRASS!" The DS's get very perturbed with civilians walking on their grass.

-Oorah!

Beautiful base. Tell the folks that when they come to graduation to have tennis shoes on since they will be walking a lot, bring an umbrella for the sun and "DON'T WALK ON MY GRASS!" The DS's get very perturbed with civilians walking on their grass.

-Oorah!

Ill be sure to tell them! Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats BangergoosEx, I did my boot camp at MCRD San Diego myself. India Co. Plt. 3009. You are gonna hate being next to the airport watching the planes taking off every day wishing you were on one of them... The first three days are a little rough on some guys as you don't really get to sleep and you are going through the cattle call. Everyone in your company in line going through the barber (they just shear your head like an assembly line), drawing gear, getting all of your shots (again an assembly line you walk down with people shooting you from both sides), turning in all of your civilian gear (tobacco, wallet basically anything they don't issue you), platoon assignments and all that crap. It's sensory overload but just let go of any sense of what you think of the situation and just get mechanical. 12 weeks goes by faster than you think but never fast enough. What MOS did you select?

• 1 month later...

congrats, you will probably hate your life some in the next few years... however it is possible. Sorry for the late post, I just got back from afghan and hit the real world again.

Pyro and marine? Your fingers should be fine, I made it all 4 with all my fingers, also got to keep my legs, which I thank God for every day.

congrats, you will probably hate your life some in the next few years... however it is possible. Sorry for the late post, I just got back from afghan and hit the real world again.

Pyro and marine? Your fingers should be fine, I made it all 4 with all my fingers, also got to keep my legs, which I thank God for every day.

Thanks for serving your country, I appreciate your sacrifice.

-dag

• 4 weeks later...

Semper Fi bud!

8 years in the corps myself- 1992-2000 (first gulf)

I was actually a demolitions Engineer - explosives were my business :)