APC Forum

New Passfire site

Algenco

Has anyone been able to log in?

I tried numerous times but no luck

Are you using the temporary password it gives you on the old site? Try to login to the old site and it should give you a temp password for your username.

I was able to login with the temp password and then create my own... Edited by vegasdude

I had the same problem too. I locked myself out :dry2.gif

Technology and I have a love hate relationship. The new forum does not seem better than the old to me. One of my biggest complaints was the search function. And it still sucks in my opinion. If Kyle went through the trouble of creating a "new" forum why the heck didn't he get something that worked? The format for this forum works fine. The format for Pyro U works fine. The Old Old format for Passfire was better than this new crap. Sometimes things are better left the way they are.

Still cant add my avatar, I added the picture to my profile but it still doesnt show up on my posts.

-dag

Dag, don't take me wrong, but I respect you. However if the biggest problems were adding an avatar I would say life was good. In my opinion avatars are unnecessary garbage that mucks things up. Why do people feel the need to have stupid pictures or sayings to make themselves feel unique? Yeah, I am being a grouchy old fart tonight.

I am not able to log in. I did use the provided password, and double-checked my user info.

<shrug>

Kevin

Dag, don't take me wrong, but I respect you. However if the biggest problems were adding an avatar I would say life was good. In my opinion avatars are unnecessary garbage that mucks things up. Why do people feel the need to have stupid pictures or sayings to make themselves feel unique? Yeah, I am being a grouchy old fart tonight.

I think it's more of a semi-conscious memorization. For instance, when I see Dag's black bomb avatar, I immediately know who is talking. Even if I don't remember their name, I can track them from post to post fairly easily.

Why passfire doesn't just use decent forum software I have no idea, I think he must enjoy coding. Unfortunately an off-the-shelf solution would work and look much better. Sad to think of the amount of time that went into the new site when it looks like that.

It's OK, I have lots of friends that are grouchy old farts. I at all comes down to this, I do lots of searching on Passfire for topics, formulas, postings etc. and I find it really easy to find the persons comments when I can scan the entire page by avatar. Also, I think they add lots of personality to the posts.

-dag

Avatars add a little color and elán to the look of the place. They also help people identify who is posting, like when there is no avatar I know it is MikeB and when I see the Bomb or Blackthumb I know who those posts are from too without reading it. Makes things flow faster for me at least.

BTW, for those who prefer an avatar, signature and smile free environment, even the Passfire hand coded software offers you this option. Just check the box and all of that stuff disappears and all you will be left with are the basic post features, the words posted and the name of the poster. Choice is good. :)

Edited by warthog

• 4 months later...

What up with passfire. Anyone having a problem getting to there site??

BJV

Up in the top right corner there is an option to login or register. You have to login before all the links for the forum and database and stuff show up. This took me most of today to figure out.

went down around noon

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Forum/tabid/67/Default.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

I was off Passfire for about 30 seconds, typing Passfire.com into Chrome search window brought it up for me the first time.

Now I am blocked at several places again though... Sigh.

-dag