APC Forum

Dual phase PVC sugar rocket motor

THEONE

Ok guys i was thinking to make a dual phase motor out of PVC, and here is the photo of an idea i had for the mid bulkhead....

post-10888-0-83675300-1331926598_thumb.png

Sure am glad I won't be anywhere near that one when she goes. 2blink.gif

-dag

1) It is just an idea were i had and i just want to shear with you guys

2) Are you sure that you have understand what i want to tell ?

Edited by THEONE

Are you sure that you have understand what i want to tell ?

Yes, PVC and concrete... I would suggest that you be about 500m away from that one when you test it.

-dag

I really don't understand why you continue to post this stuff here. Go to a real high powered rocketry forum where they have the expertise and personnel to properly help and guide you.

Its still in "amateur rocketry" territory, I'd venture.. The main reason any of my rocket motor-related questions or theories end up here, and not on a dedicated forum is simply becasue after my rockets reach apogee, i prefer them to obliterate themselves.. :P ..A tendency frowned upon by the modeling crowd. I know what you mean though, but i've learned that what works for others (and whats good enough) doesn't always translate 100% for the independent exprimenter, and its more fun to formulate theories and designs of your own.. and occasionally bounce those ideas off other like-minded individuals, right?

I'll be danged if i allow myself to be scolded out of some rocketry forum for half the stuff I've been rollin around... I've always found standard pyro's more accepting and personable than uppity model rocketry types :D

an oh yeah, @ theone- I think i know what you mean, maybe a drawing from a different perspective would help.. Are your RNX motors already kicking ass one at a time? I'm ready for more altitude than BP alone can give me, trying to decide which way to go..

Edited by Timm

I'll be danged if i allow myself to be scolded out of some rocketry forum for half the stuff I've been rollin around... I've always found standard pyro's more accepting and personable than uppity model rocketry types :D

Timm - tell the folks here you're interested in making boomers and see what sort of reaction you get. Putting an explosive payload on a model rocket will get a similar reaction from the rocketry crowd.

I'm ready for more altitude than BP alone can give me, trying to decide which way to go..

APCP. It's not regulated.

Kevin

an oh yeah, @ theone- I think i know what you mean, maybe a drawing from a different perspective would help.. Are your RNX motors already kicking ass one at a time? I'm ready for more altitude than BP alone can give me, trying to decide which way to go..

RNX has got a lower ISP than the KNSU - KNSB.... This one will be only the mid bulkhead, not the motor

You can also try an ANCP but AN is VERY hygroscopic...

Edited by THEONE

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot understand your diagram.

+1 for experimentation, as long as you understand what can go wrong sometimes actually do.

However, THEONE, I tihnk you are waaaay over your league with that one. You haven't even got a rocket that works, yet you want to design a multistage rocket.

I'd encourage you to get a rocket working first my friend, and visit the highpower rocketry sites and PM some members. The reason they dont actively discuss experimental stuff it's because most

of them have certifications and LEUP license and would be contrary to their permits to discuss EX stuff (and encourage another) in an open forum.

I cannot understand your diagram.

Maybe you will be the only one person who can not understand the diagram my friend, it is really very simple to understand it and it is in very detail...