APC Forum

3" GREEN PAPER SHELL

thunderboy

Well, after some time back at the ol drawing board, finally made a tru green star all paper shell no plastic.

the second shell was to be TT to yankie flasher blown blind. did not prime these stars( cause they are a charcoal star) but must have to to ignite them my bad, you can tell how happy i was in the video with one word (NOPE)

Edited by thunderboy

it looks like a metal stars you are using, what is the formula for the green? have you tried emerald green?

Very nice. I hope you like the transition to paper from plastic. The first shell looked very good. A little oval shaped, but that just takes a little fine tuning to even out. I too am surprised that the Tiger Tail didn't light. From your description, I assumed the cores didn't light. That wouldn't have been nearly as surprising. It actually boggles my mind how NONE of the TT stars lit.

I guess I prime everything, even stars that are made up of prime type comps. Of source I still blow a few blind now and then.

The first one looked pretty darn good though, I like the color too. I hope I can get some shells in the air this summer.

did you hand past it then? Or should I hate you for having a WASP. ;)

Green looked good. It's a shame the other didn't light.

Warthog, if he has a WASP I'm driving the 6 or so hours to his house to play with it.

hhmmm the TT should have lit dry2.gif, are the stars completely dry? TT takes a little longer to dry then other stars for me. also, have you tried testing one of the stars in a star gun? if they light in a star gun then maybe you just need a little bp over them, if not then maybe the stars need some more drying.

it looks like a metal stars you are using, what is the formula for the green? have you tried emerald green?

yes i tried that came out peachy, velines, skylighters rubber green came out yellow or peachy

not sure where i found this formula

Barium nirate 3.92

sulfer.63

parlon .98

redgum .21

almg .28

al 12 .63

dextrin .28

boric acid .07

makes 7 oz.

Very nice. I hope you like the transition to paper from plastic. The first shell looked very good. A little oval shaped, but that just takes a little fine tuning to even out. I too am surprised that the Tiger Tail didn't light. From your description, I assumed the cores didn't light. That wouldn't have been nearly as surprising. It actually boggles my mind how NONE of the TT stars lit.

Thanks on the green will work the oval out and the paper seems to be just as easy to make.

As far as the TT goes i didn't prime them and the first shell 2 stars lit but i add 1.3 grams of flash thought maybe it broke to hard and fast, so the second attempt was a time fuse did not lit was kinda freaked about that was the first for that out of makin hundreds of shell paper or plastic, and now this being the third one with no success i have enough to prime and try again, if that don't work guess who will not be doing TT shells.

I guess I prime everything, even stars that are made up of prime type comps. Of source I still blow a few blind now and then.

The first one looked pretty darn good though, I like the color too. I hope I can get some shells in the air this summer.

did you hand past it then? Or should I hate you for having a WASP. ;)

LOL no they are kraft tape 1 inch 2 time only

3" i tape 2 times 4" i tape 3 times and 6" i tape 5 times

if i buy a wasp i will manufacture them then kinda pricy.

Green looked good. It's a shame the other didn't light.

Warthog, if he has a WASP I'm driving the 6 or so hours to his house to play with it.

thanks LOL 6 i bet you could be here in less than 5 lol

also i need to take pictures of my magazine and my new factory building. will soon and e-mail you them

hhmmm the TT should have lit dry2.gif, are the stars completely dry? TT takes a little longer to dry then other stars for me. also, have you tried testing one of the stars in a star gun? if they light in a star gun then maybe you just need a little bp over them, if not then maybe the stars need some more drying.

they were dried in a controlled build ign for 3 weeks

i don't have a star gun but they light with a torch i'm gonna prime to see if that works

thanks LOL 6 i bet you could be here in less than 5 lol

also i need to take pictures of my magazine and my new factory building. will soon and e-mail you them

Allright. I'll keep a lookout for it.

I am fond of the Velines myself. At least the basic colors are decent. I made those often last summer, my first year of this stuff. Easy to light and reasonable colors. If you do get a WSP, I'm driving the 20 or so hours to play with it. LOLOL!