APC Forum

Help with Priming colored Crossettes

Dean411

Does anybody out there have a good method for priming colored Crossettes?

as with regular stars I am assuming a set prime but how should it be applied .

any thoughts or help appreciated.

D

Edited by Dean411

This of course depends entirely on the composition. For organic stars I'd personally probably use a slurry of BP (maybe with 5-10% metal or silicon if you're worried) dipped in grained BP. To be honest, this would probably be sufficient even for metal fueled stars. I've lit high metal silver streamers with just BP and grain powder before. If you want to me sure, you could probably use something like pinball prime or your other favorite hot prime again dipped in grain powder. The grain powder should stick around long enough to light just about anything. I'm partial to pinball prime as it can easily be applied with alcohol.

comp dependant,pinball prime with some grain bp -_- works fine for bombettes rising tail, i just dust it onto wet veline comp then press some bp in gently, your crossettes [ i think they are dry] will require you to add either acetone [my first choice] or alcohol to the prime first making a slurry, paint it on then dust some bp fines on top, et voila

dan.

dont forget to add a small piece of bm ontop to ensure ignition

dont forget to add a small piece of bm ontop to ensure ignition

I don't use BM on crossettes due to the lack of stability that it provides, a level layer of prime helps the stacking of crossettes inside a shell.

-dag

• 2 weeks later...