APC Forum

fuse

allrocketspsl

developed this for my fire wheels I will be making in the next couple of months

more details?

dan.

more details?

dan.

well instead of a big ass long fuse on say a fire wheel i can now acurately time a device to go off when I want it to.Using the spring fuse connected to say a color pot and a driver,the driver can kick in then instead of the color pot going off before or after the driver is done i can delay the pot and connect them in a series.You'll see what I mean on my next wheel.The one for tonight is cancelled due to 40 knot winds,Im pissed

so by wrapping the fuse in foil then wrapping it around a rod so that it looks like a coil, this makes it easier for you to time than just using the foil wrapped fuse alone like I do (foil to prevent stray sparks from setting it off prematurely of course)? I am glad this helps you but I would like to know how it differs from a straight bit of fuse. unsure2.gif I am not looking to stir things up here, I am simply curious as to what this method does that a straight run doesn't.

I guess when the fire wheel goes I will see how this works. :) I've been looking forward to seeing that wheel now for a while. Looks like a good one. wink2.gif

Edited by warthog

so by wrapping the fuse in foil then wrapping it around a rod so that it looks like a coil, this makes it easier for you to time than just using the foil wrapped fuse alone like I do (foil to prevent stray sparks from setting it off prematurely of course)? I am glad this helps you but I would like to know how it differs from a straight bit of fuse. unsure2.gif I am not looking to stir things up here, I am simply curious as to what this method does that a straight run doesn't.

I guess when the fire wheel goes I will see how this works. :) I've been looking forward to seeing that wheel now for a while. Looks like a good one. wink2.gif

the obvious is a piece of 18 inch fuse and where to put it on a wheel as opposed to a 2 inch piece of fuse easily concealed and bm to others.Yes as wheels go you usually bm to a driver then maybe off the bm going to that driver you attach a color pot to go off at the same time,if you run 18 inches of fuse around its going to be impossible to do with say 12 of them.This coil lets me run say 45 inches of fuse in a much more confined and smaller area if you didnt do it this way your wheel would look like a spider web then try to keep track of them all.Thats not going to be effective or happen.My next wheel will be with color pots around the circumference and I will be able to not have to time them when a driver goes off but at random times giving more interesting effect.I know such a fuse seems different because it is.For me its what I have been looking for and found.

That Jeff, is what it is all about. What you find works for you in your situation. When I fuse things, like a spiderweb, I find that the QM usually either burns away or is ripped away as the wheel spins up to speed so it doesn't matter. I've also not noticed any sort of difference in the way the wheel looks if the pots go off before or after the drivers. That though is MY OPINION and so doesn't mean squat to anyone buy me.

As I said, I look forward to seeing this in action. I'm not too set in my ays that I can't learn something from someone else. :)