APC Forum

The importance of accurate scale measurements

PyroAce

What Mumbles said is what was happening with the old scales, it wouldn't register a change.

If that is the case, then you might need to tare a cup, fill it full of the AF coal, let it register the weight and then back off the amount until you get what you need. I usually make between 100g - 1000g batches, so even with a cheap .1g scale, it picks up the change. A 1g kitchen scale might be less reliable.

I took someone's advice here and bought a My Weigh brand scale. More expensive than what Dag linked to, but it works for everything I do now and will do in the foreseeable future. I really like that you can disable the auto-off feature on that model.

not to be a smartass, but a pound of gold weighs more. gold is measured in troy ounces, which are roughly 10% heavier than regular ounces 2happy.gif

that was always my retort to that question

not to be a smartass, but a pound of gold weighs more. gold is measured in troy ounces, which are roughly 10% heavier than regular ounces 2happy.gif

that was always my retort to that question

being a smartass right back.

1. I didn't ask about gold.

2. 1 pound of gold does in fact weight one pound. likewise 1 oz t of lead would weigh 1 oz t. 2happy.gif