APC Forum

6" Three Break

Mumbles

This is probably the best looking total catastrophe I've ever made. The shell split up in the gun. Via nothing but a small miracle all three breaks lit without actually setting any off early. I doubt I could ever do this again intentionally. 18 1 1/2" red pupadelles in the first break. A ton of 3/4" spider comets with blue and silver segmented pistil in the second break, and of course a bottom shot. It weighed in around 18lbs total. There are some construction pics of this one in my gallery.

I'm going to have to remake this one. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it actually works right.

This is probably the best looking total catastrophe I've ever made. The shell split up in the gun. Via nothing but a small miracle all three breaks lit without actually setting any off early. I doubt I could ever do this again intentionally. 18 1 1/2" red pupadelles in the first break. A ton of 3/4" spider comets with blue and silver segmented pistil in the second break, and of course a bottom shot. It weighed in around 18lbs total. There are some construction pics of this one in my gallery.

I'm going to have to remake this one. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it actually works right.

looked good to me they all did

You're right. That did look good.

On a side note the way it fired looked very similiar to some consumer shells I bought a few years back. They looked like multibreak shells but performed just like your screwup. Still a very nice job.

hey i couldnt find it did you mill your charcoal star the one with charcoal- 80mesh and airfloat

The charcoal streamers were made with the spider formula I posted in the thread for those particular shells. There is no 80 mesh charcoal in these. I did mill the formula briefly. My nitrate is prilled, and I grind it down to -30 mesh or so. I popped it in the mill just for a bit to crush the nitrate down to powder.. It was in there for maybe 30 minutes.

Interesting look