APC Forum

go getter

allrocketspsl

Nice job....It's about whatever works....Here's mine...

yep it aint rocket science is it,nice job i swa yours decided to make some for myself doing all new shells soon,mostly insert shells

Was ready to make more last week and found a whole box of 5/8 x 1 1/2 red tubes marked M80.....from the 60's.

Think they have collector value so I won't use them for getters....

Was ready to make more last week and found a whole box of 5/8 x 1 1/2 red tubes marked M80.....from the 60's.

Think they have collector value so I won't use them for getters....

Empty tubes? Any chance you would be willing to part with one? I'd pay whatever you feel is appropriate? PM if willing.

since we are doing show and tell :whistle:

finally got around to getting my go-getters perfect.

credit goes to blackthumb for the idea, dag for the delrin support, and flat rammer.

for my pointed rammer i didnt have access to a metal lathe, however el cheep-o wood lathe chisels from HF work great for slowly spinning off aluminum.

finished off to 1800 grit. chucked up in the drill press, pressed out 50 inserts in less than 1 hour.

post-11311-0-73886200-1328259179_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheArchitect23

Most end burners were made in a different manner for practically all of existence up until very recently. A piece of black match or thermolite was placed into the tube, and the composition was made into a slurry and squirted in. It was pretty much the same sorts of formulas people are using now, either strontium/barium nitrate or AP based relatively high metal fueled compositions bound with parlon. These were wetted with acetone, or more preferably a mixture of acetone and xylene. The fuse burned away and made it's own core.