APC Forum

What's wrong with this picture?

killforfood

Anybody care to guess?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/killforfood/Pyro/IMG_0887.jpg

umm.... oh i know! keep out of reach of children. am i right? whistle.gif

I noticed the chlorate/perchlorate mislabel pretty quick. Did they send the right chem?

umm.... oh i know! keep out of reach of children. am i right? whistle.gif

Nice call California Pyro, Yep You're right, I dunno what these others guys are thinking :P

Seriously though, it was ordered as KCLO3.

I recall recently there was a thread questioning how to test for chlorates.

I'll need to dig that up to be sure.

But wait... if it's really KLO3, then it's a new discovery right? and then I get to name all of the soon to be invented comps after myself.

Yaaah... Killforfood Blue.

It'd be quite exotic if it really is KLO3 as there is no element just "L"..........yet.

The easiest way to test for chlorate is to mix it 50:50 with table sugar and add a drop of concentrated sulfuric acid. If you're pretty sure it's either potassium chlorate or perchlorate, you may be able to differentiate them based on solubility as a quick test.

That was from rolling thunder pyro or another one of his companies. I know that label from anywhere. Guy is nuts

That was from rolling thunder pyro or another one of his companies. I know that label from anywhere. Guy is nuts

TYRONEEZEKIAL, that's where it came from, I figured somebody would recognize the label. I actually bought this a few years ago. I was worried about incompatibilities and never used it. I never even noticed the label until last week while doing inventory.

A mistake like that could ruin a guys day.

There are more signs pointing to it being chlorate. I checked his SKU numbers on his site, and nothing matched.

The easiest way to test for chlorate is to mix it 50:50 with table sugar

Lol. That's exactly what I do :P