APC Forum

Looking for a Guild

IACO

Hey guys, I am looking to join a guild this year. I favor a more hands on learning style and while I have learned much from everyone here I think I will also enjoy meeting with people and learning form folks in a guild setting. I live just a little north of Indianapolis IN. There are two guilds that I have found on the PGI website that are in my area. Bluegrass pyrotechnics guild and Michigan Pyrotechnics Art Guild. The Bluegrass group is probably a closer bet for me but there website is out of date. Does anyone know if they are still around or up and running? the Michigan pyrotechnics folks are all up to date on there stuff so there is not much question there :)

Bluegrass is still quite active. A few members post here, so maybe they can give you more help. There's also Heartland which has shoots about once a month in SW Michigan and NW Indiana. We have a few guys from the Indy area as well. For you, the shoot sites might be about the same drive. This is going to be a great year for Hoosier pyros.

I am in MPAG and can highly recommend it. Knowledgeable and friendly members, with a minimum amount of bickering and politics that sometimes seems to plague fireworks groups. I know a few members of Bluegrass, a lot of good things to be said about them also. MPAG has the majority of their shoots halfway up the lower peninsula, so it might be a bit of a drive for you. You can check the past shoot sites on the website to see what kind of trip to expect.

think you made a good choice in joining a club.

knowing that you can enjoy your hobby in a safe manner and among others that share your interest sounds great.

makes me wish i was back in indiana (south bend)

I can't find a club in florida to join.

I was told by a guy i met who claimed to be a member of FPAG that they did not want applications from new people and membership was by invitation only.

you would think that joining a club would benefit our hobby in general.

if this is incorrect information then please inform me.

thanks and be safe and enjoy

Hey guys, I am looking to join a guild this year. I favor a more hands on learning style and while I have learned much from everyone here I think I will also enjoy meeting with people and learning form folks in a guild setting. I live just a little north of Indianapolis IN. There are two guilds that I have found on the PGI website that are in my area. Bluegrass pyrotechnics guild and Michigan Pyrotechnics Art Guild. The Bluegrass group is probably a closer bet for me but there website is out of date. Does anyone know if they are still around or up and running? the Michigan pyrotechnics folks are all up to date on there stuff so there is not much question there :)

Bluegrass is very active, we shoot/meet once a month.

Nearly all meets are about half way between Cinn and Indy

Had 2 volunteers to update the website, still no change :(

I definitely do not mean to hijack the thread, I just didn't want to make an exact copy of this post. However, are there any clubs in TX? I have done some research and found the Fireants, but it seems like they have dissolved and nothing left.

Thanks for any help!

Bluegrass is very active, we shoot/meet once a month.

Nearly all meets are about half way between Cinn and Indy

Had 2 volunteers to update the website, still no change :(

Thanks Algenco!!! Sweet, do you know who the best person to email or contact? Dident know if you had a person in charge of new applicants or not:)

Bluegrass has a meeting on the 21st. It will be the first one im gonna get to go to. Where north of indy are you from? Im in Anderson. There is another guy in fishers.

Steve

I'm just north of Noblesville little town of Cicero. Sounds like there be a few folks close to me after all:) awsome. Do you guys keep tabs on meeting times and places via newsletters? Google + ? I would live to get things ironed out by the 21st but I have my kids that weekend so that's my priority but if there is one in feb I would love to make it to that one:)

Thanks for all your help everyone:) got all the info I need:) this groupe is awsome:)