APC Forum

strontium nitrate

Zumber

dear frnds,

I have got strontium nitrate sold by my supplier in hydrated form it absorbs moisture quickly if used in stars and i need it in anhydrated form...so how about dry heating before mixing to composition?

Help plz

dear frnds,

I have got strontium nitrate sold by my supplier in hydrated form it absorbs moisture quickly if used in stars and i need it in anhydrated form...so how about dry heating before mixing to composition?

Help plz

this has come up before,I use to dry it in my oven then thought well its going to get moisture when I mix the comp so why dry it?Maybe it mixes better when you screen all the other chems?No diff I found out

this has come up before,I use to dry it in my oven then thought well its going to get moisture when I mix the comp so why dry it?Maybe it mixes better when you screen all the other chems?No diff I found out

thanks for quick help

I dry mine for three hours in 225-250oC. Then I mill it with +1% SiO2 for one hour and put it in airtight glass jars.

There are some comps where you need the anhydrate form, and besides my strontium nitrate is a bit coarse.