APC Forum

Idaho accident

Siegmund

Hope it isn't anyone we know, and hope it doesn't turn the attitudes of what right now is a manufacturer-friendly (though not so user-friendly) state. A wire story reprinted in today's Idaho Falls Post Register, very short on details (the Idaho Statesman story gave an address, but no name and no further details):

Sheriff: SW Idaho fireworks hobbyist hurt in blast

AP http://api.ap.org/v1/images/principles-book-blue.png

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say a fireworks hobbyist in southwestern Idaho suffered serious burns during an explosion near Melba.The Canyon County Sheriff's Office issued a statement Thursday deputies responded at about 11 a.m. to the blast and found a 63-year-old the man with serious injuries to his head and arm. The agency did not identify the burned victim, who was airlifted to a hospital in nearby Boise.

Deputies who responded to the scene say they were told the man's hobby was pyrotechnics. Authorities believe the explosion resulted from the accidental ignition of an explosive device, though the cause remains under investigation.

A large steel shop was also extensively damaged in the blast.

Edited by Siegmund

Randy is in the hospital he was working on a disply piece for a new years show. my grandparents just called to let me know what happened. As most of you know im from Idaho so this hits close to home with me. Lets all Pray for Randy and his family and hope he makes a full recovery and gets back into doing shows.

hate to hear about anyone having this or any other type accidents.

hope everything will work out ok for all.

Randy is in the hospital he was working on a disply piece for a new years show. my grandparents just called to let me know what happened. As most of you know im from Idaho so this hits close to home with me. Lets all Pray for Randy and his family and hope he makes a full recovery and gets back into doing shows.