APC Forum

Love having a wife who supports my hobby!

Dean411

lol!! my last girlfriend was scared of fire... needless to say that relationship didn't end well whistle.gif

I'm sure most women would ask why do you need rice hulls? My wife ordered 5# and didn't even ask why.

along with another 90 bucks worth of chems. She is the greatest but we've been together 20 years.

My wife is quite happy to see me disappear into my shed for hours at a time :)

she`s one in a million and very supportive of the hobby, she offered to fill lance tubes so i could make a start on the rocket motors, pity she`s frightened of the press ;)

Edited by Col

took my wife awhile but when she saw one of my rockets and a nice shell she was like,honey you made that,lol!She budgets pyro money for me.She loves the money my CTFC brings in so is now super fireworks crazy!

i got a blow[insert pun here]torch and some fireworks for nye :D we also have a pyro budget and i rarely buy anything unless i really cant make it but its cool with her, some pink pasting helps generate a bit of interest further in.

dan.

I told my wife I wanted to order some 4" mortars (biggest I can use at my site). She asked "How many?".

When I told her "Twenty-four" her reply was "That's not *nearly* enough"

Kevin

I had a lover once, who thought that a 35 gram salute sounded like a commercial BP cracker. She was shocked at first, but then she gave me a ...blowtorch... and calmed down. :P

I too have a very supportive wife, she will be co-chairing a position at PGI with me next year and helps me with classes. She has built but prefers dropping shells for shows and cleaning up after. She even lights ground reports by hand at PGI!

The woman bought me a stainless steel shop vac for Christmas, not pyro related but told me she thought I would clean her car more often with a new vac! 2ohmy.gif

-dag

My Son's wife helped us load last year but wasn't quite ready to try hand lighting.

In reality, my oldest Brother snuck her away so that she could admire her choreography from a safe distance.

She's a very accomplished cake decorator and this was a chance for her to decorate the sky with pretty colors.

My Wife's only interest is watching the show. In her defense, she did help fund my new shotgun for Christmas.:D :D :D

Edited by killforfood

As I've said before, I'm lucky to have a supportive wife as well. Not just with pyro, but she's supportive of all my hobbies - even when a crash while skiing forced me to miss 3 months of work and left permanent injuries.

She enjoys fireworks and has been to a few shoots. She got her feet wet with display shells, even learned how to drop and e-match shells. She wants to handfire a shell or two at the next shoot, but shooting an entire display with full PPE is out of the question due to activity induced asthma. Still on shoot sites, she'd prefer to read a book or do something else rather than set them up. It did surprise me once when she first told me that she didn't want to be anywhere inside the fallout zone during a show. Yet, while we were clearing racks, I noticed she had donned a hardhat and jacket from someone and was about a hundred feet away from the racks with the embers from large willows hanging down all around us and her. Glad she got to enjoy the beauty of being surrounded by charcoal streamers.

Late Christmas night my wife told me she had one more surprise. Tucked into the crawlspace was a new Kobalt poly drum concrete mixer, a copy of Shimizu's F.A.S.T., and a 750' roll of 1/4" time fuse. Ask me how much I love my wife.

my first girlfriend had the opinion of "make it loud enough to be awesome just not loud enough to make everyone come running"

my current girlfriend gets scared when i so much as mention fireworks

It's very pleasing to read about so many supportive womenfolk. These women should be celebrated and held up as examples.

Remember gents, if your woman makes you an ultimatum such as "Either give up the fireworks, or I'm leaving", the correct response is "I'll call you a cab". :lol:

I too have a very supportive wife, she will be co-chairing a position at PGI with me next year and helps me with classes. She has built but prefers dropping shells for shows and cleaning up after. She even lights ground reports by hand at PGI!

The woman bought me a stainless steel shop vac for Christmas, not pyro related but told me she thought I would clean her car more often with a new vac! 2ohmy.gif

-dag

I hope to see you at PGI this year as La Porte Indiana isn't that far of a drive for me.

• 2 weeks later...
There are girls that don't like fireworks? :blink: First date I ever went on me and a girl went out into the country to blow watermelons and stuff up. Under the counter stuff before I was into pyro. ^_^ Edited by usapyro

• 9 months later...
When we were dating back in the mid '80s, my wife helped me load lances for an American Flag set piece. The day after we got engaged, we attended the PGI convention in Trumansburg, NY. She's stuck by me and my hobby for 26 years now. How do you beat that?