APC Forum

Paper Canister Shells - Pre Made

TheArchitect23

I am hoping someone has seen these, but i was browseing around the internet on black friday when i saw a site with pre-made 3'' canister shells.

one end was sealed, the other open. ( like a drinking cup, just cardboard ) time fuse hole in the end. these came with caps.

i can't for the life of me, find that link.

worst case any recommendations for suppliers that carry tubes, caps, ect the right size?

As you can tell im not one who enjoys rolling shell casings, thats because im a hemi guy :whistle:

Building a website...want to add some pyro stuff priced right!! Let me know if you find the shell cans....

I am hoping someone has seen these, but i was browseing around the internet on black friday when i saw a site with pre-made 3'' canister shells.

one end was sealed, the other open. ( like a drinking cup, just cardboard ) time fuse hole in the end. these came with caps.

i can't for the life of me, find that link.

worst case any recommendations for suppliers that carry tubes, caps, ect the right size?

As you can tell im not one who enjoys rolling shell casings, thats because im a hemi guy :whistle:

I saw these in a video once, I would love to find them myself as they did look sort of easy to use.

I will keep an eye out too and report anything if I find it as well.

Sorry, missed the second part of the post...

You can get a hole saw and cut your own disks out of old books, I especially like hitting garage sales and buying all of the kid's books off of them for a dollar,then cutting end disks out of the covers. I believe Dag also does this too. Tubes can be gotten out of the garbage. Look for places that palletize a lot of things since most of the time the pallets are wrapped in plastic so they don't shift around on the truck. The tubes the plastic comes on make great bottom shots though makers use different tube diameters so you have to check the garbage and see what fits what. Any place that uses a lot of string or stuff that you'd think comes on rolls will have a crap load of those in their garbage and usually will allow you to take all you want. Some of these tubes are even heavy enough to use as mortars.

Alternatively you can buy tubes from places like Pyro Direct, they sell tubes that go up to ID's of 3" so in theory at least you should be able to find some of those to make smaller canisters out of, say up to a 3" can. Add the hand cut end caps and you are ready to go.

You can get a hole saw and cut your own disks out of old books, I especially like hitting garage sales and buying all of the kid's books off of them for a dollar,then cutting end disks out of the covers. I believe Dag also does this too.

Yup, Iv'e been using hard covers for end disks for years now and have amassed boxes full of the covers over the years. I had the best luck with libraries that discard their books and especially encyclopedias. I do have hole saws but I grind the teeth off of them and sharpen them up, pull the drill bit out and use them in the press to punch disks.

I also use various sizes of copper tube to act as paper drills for making smaller disks for plugs from chip board.

-dag