APC Forum

Wolter "Special tube support"

AdmiralDonSnider

In my opinion they are worth the money . Not cheap by any stretch but if you plan to be in it for a while worth it. SLD only uses tubes and clamps and wins near everything he enters so they are really nothing more than a convenience for speed . I am speed driven so I look for any way I can to cut time.

In my opinion they are worth the money . Not cheap by any stretch but if you plan to be in it for a while worth it. SLD only uses tubes and clamps and wins near everything he enters so they are really nothing more than a convenience for speed . I am speed driven so I look for any way I can to cut time.

totally agree,easily made with simple tools.Hes a master Wolter but damn high!

I've used them. Not of my own purchase luckily. They're nice, and extremely convenient. I've seen people make replicas out of wood before. That may be something to try before purchasing one. They're also custom fit to OD of the tube, so it generally becomes necessary to have a large or constant supply of reliable tubes.

They look nice and fast and easy to use for sure but I don't know if I can swing the price. Not saying they aren't worth it since I have never tried making something like it. Just saying I don't have that kind of scratch. I may try to make myself a wooden one though to see how well that works. I am just now getting into the whole rocket thing so for now PVC and hose clamps are working well enough for me.

wood probably wouldn't work, the grain's a killer. the pressure on these things is unbelievable

I was thinking if I put the grain short ways across the width it might hold up. It also depends on the wood itself, some woods are better than others at not splitting under pressure. If it works it does, if not hen I go back to PVC and hose clamps. Like I say, I am not that much of a rocketeer, I make them now and then to say I can. For now, girandola motors, wheel drivers and these super bottle rockets will keep me busy. Eventually though, when I get around to shooting things like a Smiley Face shell or some other sort of thing like that which needs to be oriented up and down properly to be seen right, I will get more serious about a rocket that will carry such a shell aloft.

well I personally havent had succes with that method but hey, if it works it works! let us know if you succeed :)

If it does work out, you can be sure I will be crowing about it. 2ohmy.gif

it will likely be some time before I even try though.

• 2 weeks later...

well I personally havent had succes with that method but hey, if it works it works! let us know if you succeed :)

make one out of wood then do a simple sand casting in your garage mate you could whip one up in one weekend