APC Forum

Christmas Crackers

dagabu

Has anybody made Christmas Crackers? If so, how did you make them? I just made a bunch for friends and family and was wondering what kind of goodies you pack yours with?

http://pyrobin.com/files/128_2786.jpg

-dag

Flash mostly. I like to keep everyone on their toes.

Actually I've never heard of those before.

I believe the tradition is confetti and a joke paper. I normally use them for small gifts to spice up a budget christmas. Example: im rolling longer skinnier tubes for placing hand turned pens inside. A booby trap encased in one 1/4" time fuse tube keeps the junk flying out the sides and away from the item inside.

christmas crackers are more of a uk tradition.

pull them and they go bang (more of a crack), and they are filled usually with

a paper hat

a festive joke written on a small rectangle of paper

a present.......which could be anything you want, and that it fits inside the tube

a snap.......this creates the bang............uses a very small amount of silver fulminate...........snaps can be bought by the dozen at arts and crafts stores

HAVE AGOOD ONE !2rolleyes.gif

dave

My grandson came over last week-end to make a bunch of them for Our yearly Christmas dinner. He is in the 8th grade now. But remembered when I made them years ago. So I can say that I learn about them maybe 9 or 10 years ago and started making them.

We when to the dollar store and grab punch balloons, candy, humming things(that you hum into for music), just any thing that would do even money if you wish.

I use toilet tissue paper tubes, china pulling fireworks(for a bang) that is protected so as not to throw sparks and stuff out or to burn anyone. Fill the tube with whereever then wrap them in pretty paper that tear easy( if needed then in two paper not connect so they pull real easy). There are now lots of ways shown on the internet just look up Christmas Cracker they will show how it is done..............................Pat

christmas crackers are more of a uk tradition.

pull them and they go bang (more of a crack), and they are filled usually with

a paper hat

a festive joke written on a small rectangle of paper

a present.......which could be anything you want, and that it fits inside the tube

a snap.......this creates the bang............uses a very small amount of silver fulminate...........snaps can be bought by the dozen at arts and crafts stores

HAVE AGOOD ONE !2rolleyes.gif

dave

Your right about that and the British Empire spread the Chirstmas Cracker into every country that the English control. So they are known around the world. And the story as to how they were invented is on the internet as well. But not only that, there are sites that will tell how to make them as well all you have to do is to look up Christmas Crackers on the internet to find them. .................................................Pat

Dag, you have Northern ancestry, don't you? Great grandma used to make those. :)

Oh, youbetcha! I'm a Norsk for sure, dontcha know!

-dag

ruling the world and inflicting christmas crackers on the slaves,

have you weapons of war- no we shall rule the world with the christmas crackers :lol:

i nearly choked on my cup of tea

sorry

dan.

Very cool, Dag! I was thinking of making some for my relatives this year as well. I don't have the thin, traditional snap device, but I picked up a box of "boobytrap pulling fireworks" that should work. :)

Are you placing the snap across the outside of the goodie tube, or running it through the middle?

Very cool, Dag! I was thinking of making some for my relatives this year as well. I don't have the thin, traditional snap device, but I picked up a box of "boobytrap pulling fireworks" that should work. :)

Are you placing the snap across the outside of the goodie tube, or running it through the middle?

I too am using the booby traps in my crackers and from feedback from those that have gotten my tooling all wrapped up in a modified Christmas cracker, they seem to work well. I just tape them onto the inside wall of the center tube and then tape each string to the outside tubes. The kids have a pile of paper on the ground from making and popping crackers after "testing" them before making them for friends.

Thanks Andy, they sure are fun to play with!

-dag

What I do is I cut a slit about as long as the booby trap in the tube and indent it alittle. Then I cover the inside of the tube with a piece of card stock and tape to keep the smell out and to keep from leaving a burn mark on the items. I then usually use a maylar type of wrapping paper to keep it from brusting the side and throwing out debris into the user (this maylar is tough to break by pulling) So to make it easily I use two pieces to cover the tube not connect to each other and able to slip well freely, one of the wrapping maylar is taped down over the popper but the other one slides off...............Pat Edited by patsroom