APC Forum

pnuematic cylinders

allrocketspsl

was wondering if anyone has experience with using presses for comets stars etc?This measures 5.5 inches long by .687" diameter

using 250 psi ! Cost is 22.00 us dollars

post-10235-0-48008500-1323994434_thumb.jpg

Edited by allrocketspsl

I must be getting old quick, It's getting hard for me to read these things... :whistle:

lol had no idea it would do that check the new pic

was wondering if anyone has experience with using presses for comets stars etc?This measures 5.5 inches long by .687" diameter

using 250 psi ! Cost is 22.00 us dollars

Yes, I do...

http://pyrobin.com/files/100_0923.jpg

-dag

Thats a big cylinder dag, it looks like you use an electrically operated (solenoid) valve instead of a manual lever type valve.

Allrockets, 250psi is a helluva lot of pressure, most compressors won`t go that high. Youd be better off using less pressure on a big `un like dag`s :)

Yes, I do...

http://pyrobin.com/files/100_0923.jpg

-dag

ok mate so this size would be good for comets ets pumping them or maybe star plates under and pressing them,the one in the picture is small and col says 250psl is alot?

It was really rather tongue in cheek since a pneumatic cylinder under 150psi that a regular home compressor makes would only put around 154psi on a 1/2" star. You really need a hydraulic press for comets (you need 1000psi of hydraulic pressure on a 3" cylinder to get 1000lpi on a 3" comet).

The press above can press up to a 4" comet and a 6# rocket to 9000lpi. This is what I would consider the place you would want a press to be. Firebird has a bigger press but he makes bigger rockets and needs that extra pressure.

-dag

It was really rather tongue in cheek since a pneumatic cylinder under 150psi that a regular home compressor makes would only put around 154psi on a 1/2" star. You really need a hydraulic press for comets (you need 1000psi of hydraulic pressure on a 3" cylinder to get 1000lpi on a 3" comet).

The press above can press up to a 4" comet and a 6# rocket to 9000lpi. This is what I would consider the place you would want a press to be. Firebird has a bigger press but he makes bigger rockets and needs that extra pressure.

-dag

ok thats what i neede to know,makes sense.I noticed at work all the Air tools use 90psi.Thanks