APC Forum

pusher motors

pyrothrust

Hi again.

I have looked on the internet for definitions of whistle rockets versus pusher motors and cannot find any great help I was wondering if pusher really means a thrust/power motor for lifting purposes. Also a 3# motor should be lifting what sort of weight?

Tonight I had very good sucess with my motor, first time on whistle mix that I have attatched a 5" shell (1050 gms) and it went balistic . however although this was good and I am very happt i have nothing to compare to. Not that I need too. I would just like to know how I'm doing.

thanks

Hi again.

I have looked on the internet for definitions of whistle rockets versus pusher motors and cannot find any great help I was wondering if pusher really means a thrust/power motor for lifting purposes. Also a 3# motor should be lifting what sort of weight?

Tonight I had very good sucess with my motor, first time on whistle mix that I have attatched a 5" shell (1050 gms) and it went balistic . however although this was good and I am very happt i have nothing to compare to. Not that I need too. I would just like to know how I'm doing.

thanks

3# motor with what spindle and what config? My 3# whistle rocket with SLD U/T tooling pressed at 9000 psi on the comp will take a 7 inch ball shell with double tape filled with 5 + pounds to 800 to 1000 feet . She is screaming and hissin and pissin the whole way but it will do it. Kinda looks like the little rocket that just barely could.

Pusher tooling I have no idea I have heard people make reference to this and all of them ask what it is ???? I think it is a term coined on the rocket design app that I don't remember the guy's name that made it . I think it is any tool . I would think that aa taper pin style tooling whould be best if you want to tune you tooling to your fuel. if it is raw power you are looking for I would go to SLD . Personally I have bought all my tooling right from Steve but their are others out there that make it also.

Edited by firebird

The person who made the design site you're thinking of is Nic Ma. http://www.flashnet.dk/rts/

He's a member here actually. Exceedingly nice guy, but hasn't been around a lot lately. I think school got in the way.

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/4636-helpful-application-for-sketching-rocket-tools/

Anyway, pusher tooling design and theory came from Eric Hunkins and some people he worked with back in the 1980's. I don't really do rockets, so any difference in performance should be noted by someone who knows what they're talking about.

http://www.wichitabuggywhip.com/fireworks/rockets/erich/index.html

I love rockets, but I suck on them and I don't have any press yet, so I've only made some BP coreburners and stingers and some Ruby Red and Electric Magenta Rockets and I managed to break my stinger spindle. :mellow: