APC Forum

Barium Chlorate

Dean411

I recently purchased Barium Carbonate but recieved Barium Chlorate by mistake can this be used like potassium chlorate

for smokes and such?

what uses are there for this chem cause i really havent a use at the moment for it.

Dean

Wow! Great deal you got there !! :)

Don't waste in on smokes, keep it for great greens.

Ba chlorate alone is kind of slower than Pot chlorate.

I'd keep that if I were you. Lucky Bastard tongue2.gif

Don't listen to these reprobates. The stuff is totally awful. Fortunately, I live in Michigan as well and I'd be more than happy to take that yucky stuff from you :lol:

if you'd like ill trade you that awful stuff, ill send you a pound of barium carbonate and no shipping charge :) (i'm just that generous ;) )

Barium chlorate - Best. Green. EVER. 85% barium chlorate, 15% red gum, no chlorine donor necessary. Keep in a cool dark place, away from UV light, and don't let any sulfur get near it.

Barium Chlorate offers you the best greens available, treasure it! Use it wisely. HOWEVER pleas be very aware of the incompatibilities of chlorates in general. NO sulphur and NO phosphorus and NO ammonium salts. Have a set of equipment for chlorate mixes especially sieves. Stars may well need priming in a sulphurless BP or you may use KP or H3 as break.