APC Forum

whistle misx above the spindle

pyrothrust

Can anybody tell me on 3# motors how much whistle comp are you placing above the spindle. I am using 35mm at the momment which gives me about 10mm over the ID of the casing and then going to delay. also how much delay are you using in terms of thickness and time.. and finally what length tubes are you using. I know a bit maybe a even a bit more on Bp motors but very little on Whistle motors other than mine are beginning to get dialled in. I do have Woulters 3# extreme whistle tooling but I am working towards this as I get my tubes stronger, i have machined up different spindles and am currently about 8mm short of the extreme tooling and so far, having treated my casings with wood hardner thay seem to be holding out.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and the performance is now going into a league of their own. also any idea of weights these should lift ,Shell weights vary considerably between effects.

cheers

Edited by pyrothrust

Can anybody tell me on 3# motors how much whistle comp are you placing above the spindle. I am using 35mm at the momment which gives me about 10mm over the ID of the casing and then going to delay. also how much delay are you using in terms of thickness and time.. and finally what length tubes are you using. I know a bit maybe a bit even a bit more on Bp motors but very little on Whistle motors other than mine are beginning to get dialled in. I do have Woulters 3# extreme whistle tooling but I am working to wards this at the momment as I get my tubes stronger, i have machined up different spindles and am about 8mm short of the extreme tooling and so far having treated my casings with wood hardner thay seem to be holding out.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and the performance now going into a league of their own. also any idea of weights these should lift ,Shell weights vary considerably between effects.

cheers

Sounds like what i use, 1-ID plus the distance from the tip of the spindle to the nearest wall.

-dag