APC Forum

Cedar Dust

Thunderr1

Lifted some cedar dust tonight. Need to screen it to make sure only dust next time. I am curious if this was the BP making all the flame or the dust.

Either way I have an endless supply of it and going to make some charcoal from it.

http://youtu.be/pNLf_wAeDCw

Edited by Thunderr1

That looks nicer than cremora IMO! Nicer color at least. Would be great to see a 5 gal bucket size air burst to compare it to the way cremora burns when treated similarly. It will be good to hear hows the charcoal turns out as well, looks like it would make a fantastic tiger tail. I would give that a try before I would make BP with the stuff but with a large supply no doubt you can do both. ;)

Cedar dust holds many secrets...been using it for long time to double my BP for use in small rockets. Well dried airborne dust is quite flammable. Leaves a good 'tail' in my rockets.......have a limitless supply. Filled 4 bobcat scoops this summer on one sawmill event....

I can sell cedar dust

amazing, isn't it. :)

I need to see about finding some of the stuff myself.

Lifted some cedar dust tonight. Need to screen it to make sure only dust next time. I am curious if this was the BP making all the flame or the dust.

Either way I have an endless supply of it and going to make some charcoal from it.

http://youtu.be/pNLf_wAeDCw

Nice, you planning on bringing some to the NYE shoot?

-dag

I can sell cedar dust

so do you charcoal the dust or just ad to the comp your using?ratios?If so Im interested in buying

I'm also a fan of Cedar. My first use was from purchased Cedar balusters from HD. As much as I hate purchasing lumber to cut and burn, it told me what I wanted to know. I have since picked up a bale-bag of both Pine and Cedar pet bedding at the local Kmart store. This is flakes and doesn't give you a lot of charcoal material per cooked batch, but it might make obtaining some easier for some people. If you have any quantity and have the time to do it, I say bag it and sell it.

DanB