APC Forum

6" double petal

thunderboy

This is my first 6" paper shell double petal blue outer and orange inner

was very pleased with the out come thats me and my wife hollering yes...yes

did this Thanksgiving nite with the family plus we have 4 november birthdays including mine. enjoy and critique at will.

damn i get excited when they work.

Edited by thunderboy

Very nice! What kind of breakcharge did you use, and how many layers of pasting?

Thanks

kp 6 to 1 plus 5 grams slow flash

7 raps of 1 inch kraft tape

Are these plastic shells?

One small critique I could make would be that the inner petal wasn't all that round. This isn't always an easy thing to remedy however. It takes practice and tweaking to get it just right. People seem to have the best luck using just a cavity made in the burst, no hard hemisphere liner. Some others, myself included, prefer a thin perforated paper liner. I'm talking maybe 1-3 layers of paper.

Are these plastic shells?

One small critique I could make would be that the inner petal wasn't all that round. This isn't always an easy thing to remedy however. It takes practice and tweaking to get it just right. People seem to have the best luck using just a cavity made in the burst, no hard hemisphere liner. Some others, myself included, prefer a thin perforated paper liner. I'm talking maybe 1-3 layers of paper.

No all paper outer paper 6" shell and a 3" paper shell is the inner was not wrapped on the inside just holes in them to transfer fire and matched up.

followed what i read on passfire

the outer had 7 wraps of 1" kraft tape.

thanks for your comment everytime is a learning experince.

Edited by thunderboy