APC Forum

Is there anything else I can do?

Andrew

I don't disagree that new comers will be looking for information about making salutes. That is pretty much inevitable. I however don't want them looking for that information, and subsequently getting confirmation that it is a good idea to do, or that it is what pyrotechnics is actually all about.

face the fact everyone starting in pyro is likely looking for bangers.

I Disagree, When I Started In Pyro I Was Looking For Info On Making Better Aerial Shells. Didn't Cross My Mind. ( See Below )

Especially younger people. They will search and try it anyway, no matter what our moral is.

Agreed, However would you rather have them find the info on "youtube" or joe-jacks half ass website, where they are likely to hurt themselves from misinformation?

proper "edict" should be "norm". hiding that information from the "starting pyro" would seal their fate. The least they might read and gain a respect, maybe even a proper understanding for the intended uses.

You also know the chems are sold everywhere. For this forum i would have 2 goals: delete and ban all info on salutes and flash. The real pyro already knows the trick, no need to talk about it dozens of times, feeding beginners out of our hands.

Wish i saved the URL, within the last week i saw a video on "youtube" where a kid was explaining that you need to *pound* the powder into the tube with a broom stick good and hard to pack it in there, then seal with alot of tape.

needless to say if " starting pyro " watched that video and was on this forum where we locked away all talk regarding the proper use, and safety. he would think this is normal. go out and probably blow his hands off.

my 2 cents.

I'd guess that 99% of all boys and young men start with firecrackers. My dad bought me my first ones before I had even been to kindergarten. The ones starting with display shells etc. are probably exceptions.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I thought I might as well show you all the end result since you helped me out with the safety aspect!

As you recommended I only used 1 gram....and damn it was loud!

1 gram is more than enough for a good thud, so anyone thinking about lighting silly amounts be wary.

Here's a link to the video, it's not great but hey, it goes bang.

Thanks.

*sigh* did you have to call it a bomb? ah but nice cracker anyways

I only called it that for the views, youtube only seems to attract viewers if you call your videos stuff like "epic explosion biggest ever in the world amazing"

But we all know it's really a firecracker

I only called it that for the views, youtube only seems to attract viewers if you call your videos stuff like "epic explosion biggest ever in the world amazing"

Depends on the target audience. Looking at your tags I guess your target audience would be kewls. To be honest I don't see the point in your video.

I uploaded it to show it to my friend, im not trying to be a "kewl" otherwise I would have ignored all of your advice and packed 100 grams in a steel container.

It should be quite clear from my original post im not here to show off, I wanted to learn how to do it properly and have a bit of fun, which I did.

be careful what you call them and how you use them.

shell inserts or report inserts will attract less attention, you dont want too many views for stuff like this.

dan.