APC Forum

Ammonium Nitrate

Blackthumb

Think I will offer it in 5#, 10#, and 20# for USPS shipping to keep costs down...

What are the regulations for shipping oxidizers via USPS?

-dag

pe.usps.com/text/qsg300/Q601.htm

Looking at that now...will stop in and talk to our postmaster...let me ship rocket motors last month, just said they had to be marked ground ship only...

What are the regulations for shipping oxidizers via USPS?

-dag

Have a ton of AN coming...as soon as I can find a proper,economical way of shipping, I'll make it available to those wishing to use it for targets...and fertilizer of course!

Put me on the list

Once again another sad piece of regulation put in place because of incidents of destruction so small in number that two decades worth could be counted on one hand - out of hundreds of millions of people. People with ill intent will always find a way to destroy and kill, leaving the legitimate users of such things the only victims of regulation. I would hang on to that ton of potassium nitrate if I were you, you'll likely regret having sold any of it later.

Give me 5 min under anyone's kitchen sink...and.....

Wait 'til someone is murdered with a golf club.......they will be registered, restricted, serial numbered and regulated....

We are surrounded by idiots...but at least most of them are in DC where we can watch 'em.

I do find it so very frustrating when things are banned just because a few people could not use them appropriately.

Every year before Independence Day the news outlets go on their crusades against fireworks. The qoutes from the "government experts" are the worst!

I do find it so very frustrating when things are banned just because a few people could not use them appropriately.

Every year before Independence Day the news outlets go on their crusades against fireworks. The qoutes from the "government experts" are the worst!

Same in most of the world. In my country we could buy 4" commercial mortars without a license until a few years ago. They licensed everything bigger than 2" in 2008 or so. The reason was that six people "probably"(!) had killed themselves during a period of 10 years by using these devices while drunk. And the dog owner mafia got firecrackers banned in 2001. :angry:

And of course restricting things won't stop terrorists. A terrorist isn't a terrorist if a law stops him, that is kind of the definition of a terrorist.

instant cold packs? it'll run you about $5/lb, for 99% purity, but won't get you on any watchlists. only use I know of is synthesis of nitrates... ive made sodium nitrate out of it quite succesfully, don't know if others can be formed.

A bit late on this reply, but you can make strontium (and likely barium) nitrate from AN. A real PITA though and a LAST resort IMO.

• 2 weeks later...