APC Forum

Siren Rocket

Zumber

hi my frnds,

have you ever tried siren rocket.....I have seen there are 6 or 8 holes to the mortor but I need to know if is there any special chemical to cause siren....if anyone have the detail information and composition pls tell me...thx

Any videos or other information on these? I honestly haven't a clue what you're talking about. It sounds like a special kind of whistle rocket though.

i believe these are a type of commercial rocket available in european/asian countries. am I correct with this?

would it be possible to make a whistle rocket, and instead of a core and nozzle

make and equal total size of smaller holes spaced evenly in the clay end plug.

i would try this, but im not quite proficient with whistle yet.

sounds like it would likely explode, or the clay plug would give out.

even if you could make it not cato it probably wouldn't whistle...

would it be possible to make a whistle rocket, and instead of a core and nozzle

make and equal total size of smaller holes spaced evenly in the clay end plug.

i would try this, but im not quite proficient with whistle yet.

sounds like it would likely explode, or the clay plug would give out.

Whistle rockets don't use nozzles. Anything which restricts the gas flow out of the tube is likely to cause a CATO.

There is a gerb device written up in the PGI anthology made exactly as you describe. Press the comp in the tube, make a solid plug, then drill out 5 small holes, equally spaced around the diameter of the tube just above to the nozzle. Mount it horizontally on your set piece like a lance and enjoy.

I think you're thinking of something slightly different Nater. I don't have my copy on hand either so I don't know the name, but the idea is that is sprays out 5 streams of sparks in a star shape, sort of like a mutant ground based farfalle. (Don't tell Mike Swisher I just called it that :) ) From what I got from the description, he wanted a number of vertical vents in the clay plug itself.

i see what you are saying, multiple nozzles in the same fuel grain. might look like a cluster rocket from the bottom, but i cant imagine it would work with whistle.

When you've got a nozzle on your whistle fueled motor, if it doesn't CATO it won't whistle from my experience. So, using multiple nozzle openings in a single end plug probably won't change that. Could a Siren rocket be a whistle rocket that has some smaller whistles attached to it that get ignited along with the motor??

When you've got a nozzle on your whistle fueled motor, if it doesn't CATO it won't whistle from my experience. So, using multiple nozzle openings in a single end plug probably won't change that. Could a Siren rocket be a whistle rocket that has some smaller whistles attached to it that get ignited along with the motor??

that's what I was thinking

I think you're thinking of something slightly different Nater. I don't have my copy on hand either so I don't know the name, but the idea is that is sprays out 5 streams of sparks in a star shape, sort of like a mutant ground based farfalle. (Don't tell Mike Swisher I just called it that :) ) From what I got from the description, he wanted a number of vertical vents in the clay plug itself.

I can't recall the name either but it's a very old device. It's mentioned in Brocks book which I believe alludes to the fact that Ruggieri used them about 200 years ago.

The link shows a tannerite siren rocket, I don't think this matches the description listed above. It is a whistle rocket though and well hell it's a rocket with a boom so it works for me tongue2.gif

I can't recall the name either but it's a very old device. It's mentioned in Brocks book which I believe alludes to the fact that Ruggieri used them about 200 years ago.

THe Anthology just calls them 5-pointed stars. He references Kentish, and further looking shows that to be on page 60 of his book. I don't doubt that it goes back farther than Kentish, who was late 1890's. As far as I've been able to tell, Brock's book hasn't been too widely available until perhaps recently. Rugerri is also not commonly referenced for many native english speakers for lack of availability and language barrier. There is an english and german translation available, but whenever I've looked I've never been able to find the English version, or it seems to be prohibitively expensive.

<br />Any videos or other information on these?  I honestly haven't a clue what you're talking about.  It sounds like a special kind of whistle rocket though.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

mumble I was looking for videos but I haven't got rocket...hopefully I will add when I got It...see It's construction

1)blue line indicates fuse

2)arrow indicates holes to mortor to cause siren

3)black indicates clay

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />mumble I was looking for videos but I haven't got rocket...hopefully I will add when I got It...see It's construction <br />1)blue line indicates fuse <br />2)arrow indicates holes to mortor to cause siren<br />3)black indicates clay<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I dunno why my attatchement get's fail.....I have just clicked to browse and selected image and just opened it...but it got failed in post...

There is a button just below there that says "attach this file". You must click that for it to be attached.

mumble I haven't see any button there are three buttons add reply ,preview post and cancel

mumble I haven't see any button there are three buttons add reply ,preview post and cancel

Click "Choose File" first and select the file. Once you have selected the file and clicked ok on the file selection window, click the "Attach This File" button. Then it will show up.

post-10502-0-91064500-1318521997_thumb.jpg

sorry friends ,I am Using proxy site at my college thats why it seems to be difficult to attach .....there are two tabs Browse on left and Browse on right side if I opened the file from dextop and wait for a while thenafter there will be no "attatch option" anyways If anyone can tell me your email I will mail him.....thx

It sounds like you're using the mobile skin. Are you posting from a mobile device?