APC Forum

6 " silver shell of shells

fredhappy

I've build this shell of shells to experiment with studata type of timing. This one was timed at about 1.5 seconds.

Unfortunately I over lifted the shell quite a bit. It was suppose to go off at low altitude, and then disperse a cloud of 2" silver inserts low breaking. I used a thick cardboard ring from a roll of tape for use as a liftcup. I also pasted the liftcup with kraft and wheat paste, since this looks nice and strenghtens the shell overall. I think I inadvertently contained the lift quite a bit.....the shell went off like a cannonball, and went quite high quite fast...

Last time I used KP on hulls for my 2" inserts, and had to paste many layers to make this work. This shell I wanted to try and fit as many as 2" inserts in as possible. Instead of using KP on hulls, for this shell I used ordinary fast 12 mesh pulverone with a pinch of 70/30. With this combo as break, I can paste fewer layers, and can cram in 10 inserts instead of the 9 I got in before. The last insert I used was a leftover from a previous insert shell. It was broken with KP on kulls and much thicker then the others. I crammed that one in on top. I thought it was also a silver one, but to my surprise it turned out to be a B70 blue one....

I hope you guys like my shell. These are a lot of work to make, but I like them a lot. Shell of shells are very spectaculair to watch in person....real crowd pleasers.....

best

Fred

post-10434-0-97274100-1315228675_thumb.jpg

post-10434-0-84477300-1315228705_thumb.jpg

post-10434-0-16016100-1315228721_thumb.jpg

post-10434-0-69853600-1315228733_thumb.jpg

Very nice shell of shells Fred.

I am leaving for our shoot this Thursday. I will be shooting

14 6" and 5 5" round shells. I will have some videos next week. Our club (NPA)

will be shooting 1115 1.3g shells.

Keep up the great work.

BJV

Very nice fred your the Man