APC Forum

The 4th is coming! Where do you all buy your class C stuff?

Kaokin

The fourth is right around the corner and I am planning out my show, Where can I get the best deal on class C stuff? Everytime I walk into a local fireworks store I feel like im getting robbed, even though they all know me and give me supposedly great deals. :huh:

I buy from various places during the year. It depends what I am looking for, but I will cherry pick a few retail stores and vendors that support the local clubs.

What state are you in? Bigs, and SO76 usually have some pretty nice deals going on this time of year.

Victory Fireworks has some very good deals. Honestly, you're not going to get great deals until you start buying wholesale, and even then you don't get the best ones until you're buying many cases at a time. Victory allows groups to get together and buy so as to get the best discounts. Often times PyroU gets a group together. Of course Victory is really only in Wisconsin, but they do ship. It sounds like you're not big enough to make that worth while though.

Victory Fireworks has some very good deals. Honestly, you're not going to get great deals until you start buying wholesale, and even then you don't get the best ones until you're buying many cases at a time. Victory allows groups to get together and buy so as to get the best discounts. Often times PyroU gets a group together. Of course Victory is really only in Wisconsin, but they do ship. It sounds like you're not big enough to make that worth while though.

Im in New Hampshire, Our club just had their group buy but i missed it :( I downloaded the BIG's price directory and you need to spend $1000.00 to get their wholesale prices, I typically spend $500 on C stuff for the show so i am not quite at that price level. Plus, my wife is already mad that i spent a ton on chemicals and supplies to start making my own. I should just open up my own store...... Hmmm...

Alamo in londonderry does wholesale for a 1500 dollar minimum. Get a few guys together and its no problem.

I usually buy from a warehouse near where i live, you can buy pretty much anything once you sign a waiver. Not sure if you can purchase class c online, and im guessing it would be expensive.

You can always make your own!:)

I just came back from PA and bought some rockets and reload-ables; I was just wondering if everyone here pays "retail" for their stuff or if there is a way to get it wholesale. It sounds like the group buys are probably the best way to go for next year. The group buy that we just had (and i missed) was a great deal for wholesale stuff but you can only buy cases and the shipping per case was in the $10 to $15 range which, when you do the math, is still a great deal. Banger, I'm not sure about the avatar question, I didn't read that anywhere, and no one has told me otherwise B)

I just came back from PA and bought some rockets and reload-ables; I was just wondering if everyone here pays "retail" for their stuff or if there is a way to get it wholesale. It sounds like the group buys are probably the best way to go for next year. The group buy that we just had (and i missed) was a great deal for wholesale stuff but you can only buy cases and the shipping per case was in the $10 to $15 range which, when you do the math, is still a great deal. Banger, I'm not sure about the avatar question, I didn't read that anywhere, and no one has told me otherwise B)

What'd you pick up? :rolleyes: I bought wholesale last year and it saved me ALOT of money.

I picked up a couple dozen 8oz rockets and a couple dozen small rockets for modification, picked up some bottle rockets, some mammoth 5min smokes, and some of the BIG brand mortar kits. I have a laser show that sits in a cavity benath my launch site and shoots the beams through the smoke of my finalle... the mammoth smokes are to aid in this :-) I pretty much bought whatever I cant normally get locally.

My finalle this year is going to be all gold and blue; based off "too hot to handle" by showtime and "hot stars" by showtime as well. Ill throw in some "Pyro Boy" by AAH, Some willows, Brocades, some Blue on Blue (Black Cat) and some 3" blue shells at the end. Right when the tubes go off at the end, im doing 4 2.5 gal creamoras and 5 modified rockets :) Should be sweet!

Heres a link to a few of the base pieces:

Too Hot to handle

Hot Stars:

Pyro Boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWb8-HoVBKw

If you spend $500 on class C and you have friends who like fireworks, you may as well order $1000 from BIG or else your paying 3 times as much. Taking $500 and paying retail at this time of year your not going to get very much at all.

• 2 months later...