APC Forum

Open Letter to MMDC

killforfood

Mum is right I've seen visco machines. Picture a knitting machine spiraling a clockwise cylindrical pattern being surrounded by another knitting machine doing the same exact thing counterclockwise completely around the inner cylinder. All the while an exactly measured pourer pours very high quality BP meal down the center of the middle core pretty much sewing it up tight as it falls within. It aint easy bro.

It much cheaper to buy if you can. If not that sucks but there are other options. Example: For shits and giggles one time I tried to make a "substitute" visco in the event that I wouldn't be able to get it anymore. What I came up with is this... Visco is core-burning. Much like a flexible spoiletti. What I came up with is ramming BP meal into a thin plastic coffee straw with a funnel and a shish-ka-bob stick and sealing the ends with NC lacq. and bp meal priming the ends. As long as it stays sealed and tightly packed powder inside (not a solid grain) it should be semi-flexible and relatively consistent as far as burn rate goes. The only down side is it's a pain in the ass to make them.

Edited by MadMax

the visco machine is in the planning stages, just drawing them up and working out the most likely to work, i have also discovered plans for one on tutorial bucket .com, i have recently been having more luck with my blackmatch while hand rolling as opposed to machining

Yes black match is easy to make but even the hard core Pyros on APC spend many hours getting it just right.Do a search on Dagabu and Blackmatch and you'll see what I mean.

Maybe developing the method but in actual practice, pulling black match is fast and easy. Anyone can make it with just a drinking straw, BP, string and lots or warm soapy water for clean up. ;)

-dag

Stay tuned for Dag's latest tutorial Confessions of a String Whore.:o

Stay tuned for Dag's latest tutorial Confessions of a String Whore.:o

LOL!!!!

i will keep you posted on my visco winder project, hopefully i should be rolling my own by the end of june

after severely catoing a zinc and sulfur rocket, i can see why people like m80s, why they are banned and why noone on here will answer questions about salutes, i could not find any of it and it could have turned a letterbok int bowder in the wrong hands, not sure i want to make any more zinc and sulfur rockets.

No, that is not why a lot of us dont answer your questions on salutes. I for one believe that you do not have the common sense to work with pyro and that you are dangerous.

-dag

im not eaning to me, i have never actualy posted about salutes on this forum, im just meaning in general, they are really powerful!

"im not eaning to me" <- What the hell does that even mean? LOL

Well I guess there was no way it could stay serious for long.

MMDC check out this link. You should be able to make all of these comps with what you already have.

http://www.pyroguide..._%28Charcoal%29

Are there videos available of the differences in all these "comet like" compositions?

It would be cool to compare them.

Are there videos available of the differences in all these "comet like" compositions?

It would be cool to compare them.

Regretfully, there is no database that I know of that shows all of the effects you are looking for. There was a half hearted attempt some time ago to start a database but it was poo-pooed by many before it even got started.

-dag

while we are on the topic of things i'd like to make, anybody got good daytime fireworks, my neighbours have given me a noise curfew :(

PARACHUTES! Dont mind the spelling if its wrong. My girlfriend makes me make those for her kid. Have not really had a lot of luck with them but am still trying.

You don't have to make noisy fireworks... things like Fountains should be fine.

Otherwise, why don't you take fireworks and tests to a field or other open space away from your neighbors? We need to have our neighbors support (or at least tolerate) our hobby, and annoying them is not a good reason for that reason, as well as the fact that annoying people in general with too much noise or other disturbance should be minimized.

yeah i do make those but i quite like the booms you get from shells, my mum prefers me not to go to far after 7:00, im looking forward to november, mum has said she will lessen the curfew, time to show up the neighbours and their commercial rubbish =)]