APC Forum

Ohhhh, Nice Rack!

dagabu

Here is my rack all filled up with rockets. Could you possible pick a nicer day? :)

-dag

http://www.pyrobin.com/files/100_2215.jpg

Edited by dagabu

It must be too impressive to show up on my computer screen

Ah, there it is. what's in the headers?

Edited by NightHawkInLight

Looks like a beautiful day. The sun finally peeked out here in Indiana today too. Is your rack simply 1x's and conduit?

Looks like a beautiful day. The sun finally peeked out here in Indiana today too. Is your rack simply 1x's and conduit?

1" X 4" out of the scrap bin at the Home Depot and 1" conduit, just like you said.

-dag

Where did you get the candystripe tubes? Edited by guntoteninfadel

Where did you get the candystripe tubes?

I use metallic Christmas wrapping paper on my motors at club shoots.

-dag

I use metallic Christmas wrapping paper on my motors at club shoots.

-dag

It just gets better by the day! Thats awesome, would have never thought of that!

• 2 months later...

Just curious, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to construct those mini-shells attached to the rockets? I have searched the internet for a while and haven't found many useful answers.

P.S. Those rockets look beautiful!

-Btdk34

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to construct those mini-shells attached to the rockets? I have searched the internet for a while and haven't found many useful answers.

P.S. Those rockets look beautiful!

-Btdk34

Thanks for the comments, here is a link to a tutorial for the canisters, just substitute the inserts for stars and you are all set.

LINK

-dag

very nice!

how did you made the report in the end of the comets? got any pictures of that?

They are TT comets made with a cavity type comet pump with a hole for a bit of flash. These were just left overs from a slow burning comp and dont work well.

Here are the Red rockets from PGI wrapped up in the same paper as before.

med_gallery_9798_35_268.jpg

-dag

"PVC glue and dip it into 7FA or Meal-D."

No, I have switched to NCL and Fuse powder. I will update that in the future. Interestingly, I had several inserts that didn't take fire this last week, the thread I used was too weak and the top of the black match was blown off the insert!!!

The rest of the blackmatch was unburnt and I was very disappointed. I need to go back and reevaluate my method including using commercial blackmatch.

-dag