APC Forum

BP fuel w/sawdust

Blackthumb

Found one reference to BP w/sawdust in my archives....

I will be posting new trials and improvements in the mis next week. Going to try adding AL and a bit more KNO3...as suggested.

Plan on videoing the trials....

wow, i thought of this too. there is a carpentry shop next door and was gonna make some charcoal from the dust as experimen

edit: yes i know it can explode (the sawdust)

Edited by donperry

I milled some really fine wood dust into some BP meal yesterday and it showed promising burn times as fine powder.. I'm gonna wet it and make grains out of it for more testing soon.

I also spooned a bit it into a short cardboard tube plugged the ends and it made a decent report upon ignition.

It does work.....just needs some more testing..... Edited by Blackthumb

I screen it as fine as I can and use it as is........wanted to do some testing this weekend but the sun was out and I was confronted with a honey do list!

Honey did so now I can resume inhaling sulfur smoke.

Life is good!

I launched two rockets last night to test a heading and a new motor. I forgot to stick up the Scooter and light it so I will have to try that again tonight. I have a straight BP 3# motor to compare it to as well and will head them with 5g of "F" for end of flight notification as well.

Blackthumb, got any video yet? ;)

are you charring the sawdust or is it used as it?

@Bilbobaker and Blackthumb

I just used it as it is.

It's the consistency of fine ground white flour.

Getting new batts for camera.....got stuck with a honey do list this weekend...raining/snowing now. Will get 'er done this week...

I launched two rockets last night to test a heading and a new motor. I forgot to stick up the Scooter and light it so I will have to try that again tonight. I have a straight BP 3# motor to compare it to as well and will head them with 5g of "F" for end of flight notification as well.

Blackthumb, got any video yet? ;)