APC Forum

Easy Colored Stars

moondogman

Hello all

Whats the easiest formulation for colored cut stars?? Ive played a bit with some tiger tail stars and its time to add some color. Im tired of seeing my rockets cato in the same old color.:blink:

Steve

Red seems to be one of the most popular and the chems are pretty cheap but you will need to buy some stuff to make them.

Red Metallic Fueled Star:

Name: Truely Red

Source: TrueBluePyro

Potassium Perchlorate -60

Strontium Carbonate -16

Red Gum -9

Parlon -8

Aluminum, atom, spher, 120-325 mesh, 20 micron -5

Charcoal Airfloat -2

Edited by dagabu

I have the same level of experience as you. I made my first batch of blue stars and they turned out great.

Shimizu Blue Star 70

potassium percholorate 63.8

black copper oxide 12.9

parlon 13.8

red gum 9.5

dextrin 4

I made emerald green mngal cut stars..try it and you will make the best green stars!!

Can saran be used instead of parlon??

Steve

i find that bp slurry mixed with whatever dye your using and put through a comet pump works fine Edited by madmandotcom

i find that bp slurry mixed with whatever dye your using and put through a comet pump works fine

Being not that intelligent is one thing, but posting blatantly false thing is a complete different issue. I can and will ban you for that.

I would think you might want to stick with organic stars, or low metal, if you are going to be pairing them with things like tiger tail. Any particular colors in mind?

Being not that intelligent is one thing, but posting blatantly false thing is a complete different issue. I can and will ban you for that.

Please? :blush:

i find that bp slurry mixed with whatever dye your using and put through a comet pump works fine

what does blackpowder mixed with whatever dye you're using supposed to achieve,dyes are used for coloured smoke.

what does blackpowder mixed with whatever dye you're using supposed to achieve,dyes are used for coloured smoke.

That's what MMDC was saying, that simple BP with Easter egg dye would make colored smoke. Verbal diarrhea....

I had a stupid mate once we called him ridiculizer Edited by jimbo

Good one! When I screw up, I sing "I'm an Ig-nor-a-mus" out loud. There is something about that word that I like... Ignoramus ^_^

my "slurry" wont stay after pumping it just squirts out the top of the pump :P

I was thinking red and green for starters. "cut" stars, no pumps here yet. Any answers on the saran as a sub for parlon?

Steve

Edited by moondogman

I have the same level of experience as you. I made my first batch of blue stars and they turned out great.

Shimizu Blue Star 70

potassium percholorate 63.8

black copper oxide 12.9

parlon 13.8

red gum 9.5

dextrin 4

Got any instructions to go with this?? are they wet with water or what??

Thanks Steve

Got any instructions to go with this?? are they wet with water or what??

Thanks Steve

If dextrin is the binder, then they are wetted with water. Mix the ingredients, roll/press into a patty and cut.

Also, IIRC, B70 is supposed to use copper carbonate, but the formula often appears using copper oxide. I've made them with copper oxide only and they were nice anyway. I haven't tried them with carbonate as I made a ton of cores with the oxide (didn't realize how much quinoa seed was in a 1/4 or 1/2 cup when I put it into the roller :wacko: )

Edited by Bonny

add slightly less ncl so that it come out thicker

Nope, junior has decided that his disability gives him carte blanche to make dangerous and ignorant statements.

Being the parent of a 21 year old MARINE who works on F-18 Super Hornets and has Asperger syndrome (look it up kids) like MMDC says he has as well, I understand that behavior modification is not only possible but necessary to the survival of an Aspie.

This kid is riding the disability wagon.

this kid is riding the disability wagon.

i am not, i only posted that because you were telling me off for not picking up your sarcasm, if you really are the parent of an aspie, you would know that we do not pick up on sarcasm

Edited by madmandotcom

I'd imagine everyone's condition and disabilities are different.

The long and short of it is that no one is going to treat you differently than anyone else. If you cannot fully comprehend what we are saying (including sarcasm), you may not be able to fully pick up on the intricacies or dangers involved in this hobby. I'd really suggest you find other things to do with your time, as without proper mentoring, I do not believe that you have the full capacity to safely practice this hobby. Additionally, it would be questionably illegal to handle any explosives even under the supervision of a licensed mentor.

Quit bringing up any sort of mental illnesses you may have, we're not going to change anything. You have to behave in a reasonable manner just like anyone else, and you wont get any special treatment. If you can't do this, you are not welcome here. You are quite disruptive here and you are seriously about to be banned for more than one reason.

Can't we all just get along and stop posting nonsense? Edited by Bilbobaker

Can't we all just get along and stop posting nonsense?

Sounds great!

Colored changing stars, anyone?