APC Forum

KNO3 source?

Blackthumb

All you pyros...what is the best/most economic source you've found for KNO3?

http://www.amateurpyro.com/forums/topic/5236-kno3-source/page__p__69044__hl__%2Bkno3+%2Bebay__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=69044

Lots of good information there, I'm out of potassium nitrate and was planning of getting some from the ebay supplier Dagabu posted... 50 pounds for $65 shipped

I have a 50# sample coming this weekend....if pure, I may be able to supply at about $60 - 65 with shipping.....

Also, about to fire up the shop and turn out several more large octahon hardwood ball mill containers...have used my larger one for over thirty years and still no real wear. Will see what time is invested and maybe I can offer a few to my fellow thumb burners....

Fired a nice comet w/report last nite from a 1" x 6" tube....just had to smell some smoke...

Unless your just paying more for shipping, I still get $65

post-9884-0-00542600-1300889129_thumb.jpg

Its the shipping calculator, you are closer so you get a better rate. The actual KNO3 changed from $20.00 a bag a year ago to $40.00 now.

I talked to the guy last fall, up to 1000lb shipped for around $100 to KY

it was $25 bag in October

Edited by Algenco

It would cost me a new sewing machine, 5 dresses and a trip to Vegas if my wife saw a dump truck full of white powder pull into my 'workspace'.

It would cost me a new sewing machine, 5 dresses and a trip to Vegas if my wife saw a dump truck full of white powder fertilizer for the lawn and garden pull into my 'workspace'.

It would cost me a new sewing machine, 5 dresses and a trip to Vegas if my wife saw a dump truck full of white powder fertilizer for the lawn and garden pull into my 'workspace'.

Sounds worth it to me. My wife would go out and get 5 dresses whether I buy any chemicals or not. For the trip to Vegas, throw a bag in the truck for me and I'll fix you up with a free hotel room.