APC Forum

2, 2.5 and 3 inch salvo

fredhappy

I´ve shot these 3 little shells recently. The first is a 2 inch kamuro and then follows a 2.5 inch kamuro, ending with a 3 inch c8->buell red. I´ve hooked the rack up with some visco.

First two shells were very good in terms of symmetry. I´ve screened my stars multiple times with very accurate screens. I ve taken great care to fill the little shells nice and full and to essentially build them the same way as I do my larger ones.

It was a bit like working on miniature shells, but it does pay off to be accurate . The little shells were nicely round and a full flower. I can now start building these shells for use as inserts for larger shells.

Round stars were 6 mm kamuro .

post-10434-0-85656300-1300756271_thumb.jpg

post-10434-0-23029900-1300756298_thumb.jpg

Really nice Shells,

what did you use for burst? Does not look like BP.

Burst really is just ordinary meal coated ricehulls in the ratio 1:5 with exactly 1 gram of hotflash. I have also pasted these tiny shells very precise , this helps too.

Karlos, thanks!

Very well done fred ;)

You're very committed to this hobby, this will show up in your creations, can't wait to see your shells in the future.

• 1 month later...

Excellent craftsmanship. Wish I could duplicate your shells.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, nicely done..............one day i will make them like you

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice breaks love the colors .2rolleyes.gif

Very nice breaks love the colors .2rolleyes.gif

Thanks man...When starting out with colours, go for the easy obtainable ones. I like using buell red and B70 shimizu. The buell red is quite a good carbonate red, which you can easily bind with water and dextrin. Of course, Sr(NO3)2 gives a superior red, but due to its hygroscopic properties you have to use volatile solvents to bind them.