APC Forum

star cores- color changing stars.

pyrochris732

does anyone have a way to make nice cores for stars that change color. I cant seem to find anything except formulas for star cores. My biggest challenge is that so far I have only made cut stars and pumped stars. Is there a way to make simple cores without using a star roller?

I really need to get on passfire.

Chris, make 1/8 cut stars, dry them and then get a small bucket, put your stars in it, coat the stars with just a tiny bit of water and then add just a tiny bit of your next color that you have added 2-4% dextrin into. keep rolling the bucket until all of the comp is picked up and repeat until they are 1/4", let dry and roll again to the size you to end up with.

For larger stars, use larger cores.

I find that if I cut small stars, I can also put them into a bucket with a tiny bit of the dry comp and roll them in the bucket to get them rounded on the corners. It works for me.

you can use this method..

I made my first round stars with this method,and it was easy to make,so you can make round cores also..

thanks, im wondering if i could even toss a 5 g bucket onto my ball mill to roll them

LOL! I dont see why not, as long as the bucket will roll. I put a 1.5 gallon bucket into my star roller for small batches, it works well for 100g or less of cores but the big roller makes a mess out of little batches.