APC Forum

Possible Pedo on YouTube

xBangergoosEx

I know its off-topic but i need help.

Theres a guy thats been sending me really creepy messages on youtube, here are a few:

well you start with a script and what you want to show off, you of course would also be showing off your own physical self not just your voice.

You show lets say your new and improved lab set up, you make it look professional, you what the chemicals are and where you found it and where someone could find it. You show yourself wearing safety gear-gloves, dust mask, goggles, apron etc and show someone how to do a simple experiment like making black powder. You throw in a little history and a disclaimer saying says you do not take any responsibility for the use or missuse of any of these chemicals and than do it than wrap it up and a thx for watching or however you want to close it.

its pretty simple brandon you just keep it fun, and try not to grunt.

I'd be honored if you where doing more videos show casing your talents. And showing who you are.

So im pretty sure he's just some pervert who wants to look at juveniles on the internet. But, theres a chance that hes just trying to offer me advice.

But what do you guys think? should i politely tell him to leave me alone, or should i unload on him and chew him out for being a creeper?

It's not blatantly completely out there, but odd at least. I'd just ignore him personally. If he keeps sending you messages, then perhaps ask him to leave you alone or perhaps see about blocking his messages.

I would be uncomfortable too. Do whatever you need to do in order to get it to stop. I don't know how much being sharp tongued would really help the matter.

Thats just a few messages. He constantly asks me to send him private videos of myself in front of the camera. He has his name, company, and his picture on his profile so if he blatently comes out and says something over-the-top ill report him.

That's not Foley, it's Barney Frank (current congressman D - MA) Edited by cplmac

I EXPECT that there are SEVERAL, probably hundreds of people like this on youtube. A huge number of youngsters make a video for youtube. Think also of this as a personal wake up call, how are you going to deal with it when this person or others later in life proposition you.

Is there a BLOCK setting on youtube, Message him back and tell him that you are 46 and the pics are your son?

That's not Foley, it's Barney Frank (current congressman D - MA)

Where is your link?

Where is your link?

http://www.patriotfreedom.org/admin/uploads/BarneyFrankBankingQueen.gif

Now here's a good question: Why is a pedophile with a glove and mask fetish watching youtube videos of hobby pyrotechnics?

In Jamaica we hunt that fool down and clobber him.

I know how you feel just chill out and ignore him. If you respond (Anyway at all) you are feeding him a reason to reply.

Edited by donperry

I also agree with ignoring him. Block him from viewing your videos. If he just does happen to be a sick individual, (in his mind) he just may see your failure to block him as you actually wanting him to watch. The world is full of very sick people and you have to address them properly by taking away as much opportunity as possible. If he can't watch you and can't comment to you, then he will surely just move on to one of the other young people he is probably watching on youtube. I will guarantee that if you were to reply with anger, it would just excite him and draw more attention to yourself. In my job, I've had to work with a lot of "sick" people, and I would hope you take all of our advice and ignore this person.

Just block him and it's game over for him.

Edited by tgis81

I think your probably over reacting.

Back in the day, when there was no internet... people talked... a lot. Its the way they generally learned things aside from schools and libraries. Ever notice how really old guys tend to talk a lot? Yeah, this is why. They aren't necessarily pedos. They are just interested and hard wired to ask a lot of questions.

Now... openly jumping to accusing the person in question of being a pedo is fucking low. Unbelievable low as you will soon realize. Once someone is accused of being a pedo and a news story gets out... doesn't matter if he is innocent or not. His life is fucking over. His family, friends, employers, etc would all vilify him. Even if he is innocent. Theres no real recovering after being accused. Why? Because the news stations will cover the accusation BIG TIME... But if found innocent they may later put in a short appology or correction, and hardly anyone will see it because it will get hardly any airtime compared to the original accusation... so most of his family, friends, employers, etc will still vilify him... and his life will still be over. Theres no real escaping that. The dude would have to pretty much have to move to another country, even if found innocent, and even then he wouldn't be safe. People who still think he is guilty would still want to kill him.

(This has happened before. What comes to mind is a story in the (IIRC) UK where a boy's school principle figure was set up to look like a pedo by another staff member who wanted his office. IIRC he spent a few years in jail. Even after getting out, his life was ruined. I just spent a few minutes searching and I can't find the story, else I would have posted it.)

If you are 100% absolutely fucking sure he is a pedo, call the authorities or whatever is appropriate. But if your not sure, ie your not ready to ruin the dudes life... don't. Posting this topic on a public forum was a bad move.

Don't get me wrong. Pedos deserve to fucking die.

But, don't accuse, ie don't ruin the dude's life... unless your fucking sure. And even then, it would be better to ONLY notify the proper authorities... this way there is less of a chance of it getting out to the news media. The police can do their investigations and find him guilty or innocent without the news media ruining his life either way.

I still say ignore him if you think that's what may be going on... that way it's over with and you never get to the level of ruining anyone's life. You just block that user on youtube and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

I think your probably over reacting.

Very good post.

I agree that this guy is probably not a pedo. Yes, some of the things he stated may sound a little unusual to you, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he has any motivations beyond simply wanting to see how young people/teenagers practice home chemistry. I've received much stranger messages on my YouTube channel, and all of them ended up being from individuals with completely innocent intentions, but underdeveloped modern communication skills.

You're jumping the gun here by throwing around wild, largely unfounded accusations.

Edited by SB15

I purposely didnt include his username for that exact purpose. I wasnt sure what his intentions were, thats why i asked you guys for help.

And asilentbob, you dont need to say "fuck" every other word to get your point across.

Dude, there are about a million and one easier ways to interact inapporpriately with young people online than making up an elaborate scheme about educational videos for self pleasurement. Unless this dude has a serious fetish for pyromaniac jailbait, you shouldn't be too worried. If the communication is making you uncomfortable, just stop interacting. Alternatively, state that you dad/parents etc. are interested in your chemsitery experiments and that they might be interested to paricipate. Maybe that would change his tone? What you stated seems like a very fragile basis to suspect a pedo.

Actually you have NO evidence of paedophilia, NONE whatever. The contacts may be inappropriate but you offer NO evidence of attempted sexual activity.

You are growing up into a world where all sexualities exist, but as you grow you have to learn to say no when necessary, that learning is an essential part of growing up.

In any group of a million people there WILL be paedophiles, in an online community as larger as facebook youtube and all the other and future networking sites you will find people with conversation that you don't like, that's one of the facts of real life.

In all honesty, this topic is a little useless. It is not that hard of a decision. I would simply block him and move on. There is no reason for you to feel awkward so just block him. It does not really matter if he is a pedo or not.