APC Forum

canadian supplier?

zenen1

greetings, i am somewhat a beginner, i have all chemicals for black powder and have already been able to produce a decent BP. I know that their must be some candians on here other than me, and i am wondering if there is an online supplier like united nuclear or hobbychems that will ship to canada? also if any of you live near or in vancouver do you know of any local shops like specific pottery supply stores that i can purchase colouring agents? thanks. everyones input is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am New to this place but anyway:

FUSE: www.pyroplanet.co.uk

CHEMICALS: ebay is the best I could find.

Thats it, thats all I could find, and I have been looking for so long,

recently I ordered 100 dollars with of chemicals and fuse on this sight in america,

but It got seized, (my mom thinks Im on a list)

BTW I live in BC

Oh shit you live in Vancouver, so do I! North Van!

There are no online suppliers based in Canada. The last one I knew of was CCDco., but they closed down sometime around 2008.

If you want chemicals in this country, you're going to have to be resourceful and find international suppliers who are willing to either follow all international hazardous materials shipping regulations, or ship discretely. Unsurprisingly, the latter are much more common.

• 1 month later...

ebay is the best for chemicals, and where did u get KNO3 i live in Vancouver aswell, but can seem to get some KNO3

you no where to get Perchlorate?

I was going to offer a link but I doubt you'll be here long enough to read it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everybody please keep posting!!!! i still need chems!

What have you found so far?? You'll need to be very resourceful in Canada to find what you need. As Peret said, your best answer for per(chlorates) might be to make them. You can also make nitrates quite easily.

I know of a supplier that "says" they ship KNO3 and Sulfur to Canada. Not sure about it though. Ill PM you the link.

I know of a supplier that "says" they ship KNO3 and Sulfur to Canada. Not sure about it though. Ill PM you the link.

Sulfur is easy to find. KNO3 is easy too if you know where to look. The only problem is that it is now regulated in Canada. I'd be wary about having it shipped. If you don't get it past customs, you are very likely to be on "a list" at minimum. Even if it does make it through you could still be on that same "list".

• 1 month later...