APC Forum

Passfire Forum

gghff

I was just wondering if the Passfire Forum is working or is it down for maintenance. I don't see anybody reporting having trouble with it.

I've been having trouble too. I can get to the website, and login, but it gets stuck at the middle screen. I can access the articles and everything, but not the forum. I am about to e-mail Kyle.

Since you brought up passfire, I was thinking of joining since everyone is raving about them. Is the money worth spending? Im still a newb and have lots to learn.

Since you brought up passfire, I was thinking of joining since everyone is raving about them. Is the money worth spending? Im still a newb and have lots to learn.

worth every penny

I second what Al said. Passfire is a treasure trove of info; however, I still enjoy APC for its more laid back nature.

Passfire , learn, group buys, great sales

APC, learn in a laid back atmosphere, I spend more time here now that I've read all the articles and tutorials on PF

I signed up the other day. I knew it was worth every penny right from the start. The tutorials are great and the calculators and formulas will be super handy when the time comes.

So I got the lowdown on what was going on. Some others may be having the same issues. Apparently the auto-generated password had a mixture of capital letters and lower case letters. However, the case sensitivity was never enforced, so many (like me) have been using the strictly lower-case version of our passwords. Kyle recently fixed the option on the website to change your password manually. In doing this, the case sensitivity began to be enforced. Any messages I got with the original password are long gone for me. With your all lower case password, you can access all parts of the website except the forum. If you go to the "help" section you can change your password to whatever you want now, and once you login with that password you'll regain access to the forum.

I have troubles with the subscription, when I try to register I am sent back to an error page, does annyone have the same trouble?

[RANT] I dont care what Kyle says, his server is slow and needs to be replaced. I time out more then I dont. I hate the site right now. [RANT/] Edited by dagabu

Well, what kind of error message you getting? That would be a big help.

Honestly, I don't care how slow the server is. It's leaps and bounds better than rec.pyro. I'd be willing to return to handwritten correspondence to get the kind of information I see from Mike Swisher, Lloyd Sponnenburgh, Tom Schroeder, Ned gorski, John Reilly, etc. The list goes on and on.

Well, what kind of error message you getting? That would be a big help.

Persits.MailSender.4 error '800a0006' 503 Bad sequence of commands

/i_mail_asp.asp, line 77

[RANT] I dont care what Kyle says, his server is slow and needs to be replaced. I time out more then I dont. I hate the site right now. [RANT/]

I tend to aggree, I recently renewed my sub after a year of downtime. I'm having alot of issues being redirected back to the login page and also timeouts. A bit pissed off to be honest.

With those types of errors burningRNX, you may want to e-mail the owner at admin@passfire.com

Maybe Kyle likes me more because I rarely if ever timeout, except when doing searches. It seems to time out when I use too broad of a search term. It makes me do more focused searches at least. It does log me out every so often, but my login and password are saved, so it's just a one click thing to get back in.